Chapter 2: Boots and Messes

Start from the beginning

I went back into my room to get the dress and a pair of my mom's old shoes that she wore a long time ago. Those are just for showing them the shoes that I paired with the dress rather than my combat boots, I'm not an idiot.

Knock, knock, knock. Probably Lia. "Who is it?" I call through the door.

"Lia!" I knew it. I rolled my eyes and opened the door. "PUT IT ON! PUT IT ON!" she squealed as soon as she stepped foot in my room.

"You. Need to chill out."

"But its just *sigh* I've seen it once and never forgotten it's beauty!"

"Woah. Too much sentiment over inanimate objects."

"PUT IT ON!"

"Damn." I grumbled. I rang for the maids to come and help me with the gown. Further proving my point that ballgowns are useless and frivolous, given that it is necessary for even the most capable women to need help to put on.

I came out of the bathroom and the maids left.

"Woah... It looks... amazing... like you can wear it with bedhead and look amazing! OMG IT'S UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE!!!! AHHHH!!!!"

"I know that I can look fabulous with bed head, you don't need to tell me."

"No no no. You need your hair and makeup done! What do you want to be? Casualist girl award?!"

"If it existed, yes."

"Wow. Okay, you know what? Just get your stuff done."

"Shush girl."

**11 o'clock**

I'm pretty sure I'm on my tenth cookie tonight. Lianna has been dancing with some duke, I think the Duke of Tredstone? Trivton? Treebark? I don't know. I looked down at my dress and saw the crumbs dotting the front of my dress. I annoyingly just brushed it off a little and wiped my mouth, sort of. I was at the edge of the room at the snack table, the one thing most women here tried to avoid. I looked around the ballroom. I've only been here 2 hours and I'm already so done, and it's too bad because they only start presenting the ladies to the prince at midnight until at least 2 am, and the ball ends at 4 am. Could I last five more hours in this wretched place. Glancing around the ballroom I saw a tall green feather darting through, what I have dubbed the "prince crowd." Mother...I am going to murder you in your sleep! Or maybe right freaking NOW!

POV Prince Jonathan:

Brightly lit room sparkled with all the gems and glaring dresses surrounding me, but all I wanted to do was get away.

"YOUR HIGHNESS!!!! LOOK AT MEEE!!!"

"AHHH!!!! I think he saw me."

"My daughter is a lovely lady you should definitely meet her sometime, perfect wife material you know."

"I am so worthy of you! I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!"

"OMGGGG I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!"

"My daughter is absolutely perfect for a very very very very very really really really really high important role in our society. Perhaps the highest most powerful role for a woman."

God woman, no your daughter is not perfect for queen get that in your thick skull, and girls I do not love any of you get that in you pea brains. I am stuck on this stinking throne listening to shrill voices vying for my attention... I need to escape.

"Oh your great highness," flattery gets you no where, "My daughter," yay another mother, huh this one had a giant outrageous green feather in her headpiece, "is quite the charmer," hahaha very funny, "I'm sure she is here somewhere for you to meet her," yeah along with all the other girls surrounding me at the mome-