Chapter Three

***

The students had quickly left, putting on their hero suits lopsidedly or with a latch undone. You, however, took your time - carefully doing up each latch and smoothing your outift. It was the first time you had tried on your UA suit, but it fit well.

You calmly walked out of the changing room, and noticed the absence of other students

You calmly walked out of the changing room, and noticed the absence of other students. They were most likely at the training grounds already so this didn't bother you. However, you soon realised you had no clue where the training grounds were.

"Is anyone around?"

You got no response. You had expected this, however, as your hero suit generally took a while to put on. It still didn't help your case. You decided to exit the building and elegantly torpedo yourself to the roof, where you had a better view. You noticed the green hair of Midoriya bobbing on the grass, so you quickly shot down towards him.

"Hello, Midoriya."

"Ah- Oh, it's just you (Y/N)-san. Wow, I like your hero suit!"

He was so bubbly and friendly, it kind of rubbed off on you.

"Thank you, yours is very nice too. Is it inspired by All Might's?"

"Yeah! How did you know though?"

You gestured to his kind of 'bunny ears', and he blushed, feeling stupid.

"O-oh! I see now. Anyway, there's the training grounds. We shouldn't be late."

You smiled, engaging in conversation with the boy. He wasn't as formal as Tokoyami, but he was very kind and polite - two important values. You respected him for that. Plus, he was kind of sweet.

When you arrived, Aizawa emerged from his sleeping bag. How could he be so tired if he slept so often?

"Great... You all made it. Let me explain the task so I can go back to resting... Long story short, in the center is a golden trophy. Grab it, and you win. However, on the journey there are many obstacles that are designed to test your weaknesses. Plus a few regular enemies. Have fun."

He then proceeded to stand against a wall, face in his scarves. You sighed - this was most likely going to test your quirk's endurance. However, as many people raced forward, you simply glided on a wave of water. This should be easy enough.

"DIE!!"

You heard Bakugo yell as you passed by him. He was obviously having fun destroying the 'enemies'. You decided to swerve around the droids, staying out of their sight. You were doing well... Until it came.

It seemed like a very harmless robot at first. It was shaped in a very basic circle. What you didn't notice was the small projector built into its lens. You soon noticed your surroundings had changed.

Close your eyes. You can't be scared of what you don't see.

This was proving fairly effective... Until you tripped on a rock. That's when your eyes widened in horror at your surroundings. You were in your room at the boarding school, and you were small again. You instantly recognised the prestine woman glaring at you.

"Hm... Why do I get all the hard cases? Look at the state of you! "

It's not real. It's a simulation.

"Well... I'll change that soon enough. I'll change you from a weak, pathetic child into an independent woman. "

Just calm down. You're not trapped there anymore.

"Your mother sent you here. She thought you were a sorry case too. How awful."

Your heart rate was increasing, and you were losing control. Tears built up in your eyes.

"Shut. Up."

"How dare you! Now I see why you weren't wanted where you were."

" This... This is for my future. Was for my future. "

"Oh yes... You're here to be a good wife when you're an adult. Honestly what was Endeavour thinking, choosing a weakling like you? Pathetic-"

But she was cut off as you screamed and sent the pole off of your back into the devilish thing. You hastily wiped the tears from your eyes, wanting to just curl up. However, as you turned to leave, you saw none other than Shoto Todoroki himself, looking at you with a look of mild shock.

Shit.