Chapter Twenty-Two

***

The battle was more brutal than anyone had expected. Second-year students seemed to be more motivated to win. You slowly stood up, still feeling a little shaky. The bruises ached and the acid burn stung like hell, but it was nothing you couldn't deal with. You walked away, before noticing Mina still stuck. You casually walked over to meet her, before you felt the ground shake. The cave was slowly sinking with Mina still inside.

"Crap! I'm coming Mina!"

You propelled yourself with a blast of water, ignoring the building dehydration. You pulled and tugged at the rocks, but they weren't budging. Now you were panicking, and so was Mina. You gathered all the water you could - you felt extremely light-headed, but getting her out was the top priority. There was nothing for it.

"S-stand back Mina!"

You shot a very high-pressure but thick ribbons through the rubble, and Mina quickly squeezed through it. Present Mic's voice quickly boomed through the stadium.

"Stay calm, and everyone stay clear of the structures! There's a malfunction with the equipment and it seems to be rebelling. We will fix everything as soon as we can, but for now, get to the nearest exit."

You and Mina looked at each other and started jogging. You didn't notice Mina giving you a funny look until she brought it up. You already knew what she was going to say - whenever you overused your quirk (whether prolonged usage or too much in one go) your skin would start to go pale and you'd need water. Luckily Recovery Girl couldn't be far.

You both managed to get to the bridge, where Recovery Girl was already struggling to deal with all the patients. People had everything from cuts and grazes to quirk-related injuries. You waited your turn, feeling significantly light-headed and woozy. You wanted to lay down and sleep, but you had to look strong. Mina still looked very shaken, and she didn't need to deal with you as well. You hadn't noticed Shoto in the crowds - you were a little worried, but you felt like there'd be an announcement if anyone was seriously injured. While you waited, you were able to get hold of some water, so you didn't look like death anymore - you were still a little pale, but you were fine now. Unfortunately you were more aware of your other injuries now.

And then you saw him - Shoto was walking towards you, with his fair share of injuries, but overall okay. You waved at him, relieved to see that he was okay. He explained to you that he had gotten his ice arm stuck under a rock, meaning he was struggling to activate his quirk to escape. Eventually he managed to raise the rock with an ice column after a lot of shifting around. You felt bad for him - he was alone and you were feeling sorry for yourself.

Shoto prompted you about the paleness of your skin - you passed it off as a simple overuse of your quirk - you omitted the part about how bad it would be if you hadn't got the water when you did. You were planning to leave out the bruises, but one was very visible on your arm so you had to explain about the gun. You were fine, you were more worried about Shoto's bruised arm. You forced him to go first to recovery girl, who was able to completely heal his injury - turns out he had severely damaged the bone. You went next, and you were mostly healed - quirks use a lot of energy, and overuse is even worse. Still the acid burn was only a faint red mark (which was quickly covered in a bandage) and the bruises were much smaller. Your skin colour was back to normal, and now you were exhausted. 

The stands broke off for lunch. Since it was a special day, barbecue was being served. You very rarely had food like that, so now you were ecstatic. You ordered a cheeseburger and fries, alongside a can of (F/D). The drink was chilled, and felt amazing in the hot day's rays. You and Shoto were sat on the grass eating when a hologram came up showing the matches.

 You and Shoto were sat on the grass eating when a hologram came up showing the matches

(So to make this I had to make every stage. This included a lot of copy and pasting of "Todoroki". First time I had finished all the photos I accidentally left Hatsume and Hibiki as Todoroki. Second time I forgot to download one of the earlier stages so once I again I had to undo everything T^T)

You both sighed. It was so peaceful, you almost didn't want to play or win. You closed your eyes, just for a few seconds, but felt Shoto hold your hand as you slowly drifted off.