play the character

Start from the beginning

Remus was the first to come out and reach the impatient group, but he wasn't there to inform them of anything, but instead, to call-- "Wendy, you should come."

She didn't let him repeat himself and she stood up from the floor where she's been sitting the whole time. Michael followed closely after, not to Wendy's surprise, but some part of her hoped Remus would stop him. Unfortunatelly, the only people Remus stopped from following them were Harry and the twins.

"Sorry boys," He excused himself, "Not yet."

Wendy didn't look back, and quickly walked her way to the dining area, where both Order meetings and tasty food were served alike. In the seat where she normally would see Harry, she found Draco, with both his parents by each side.

The extrangered family were facing away from her, so she walked towards Sirius on the other side of the long table, refusing to sit down.

"Wendy," Draco greeted her.

"Draco," Wendy nodded towards him.

"Now that she's here," Sirius said through his teeth, "will you talk?"

Wendy took a seat right in front of Draco, she wasn't sure about her role in that curious meeting, but she wasn't going back to the other room to do nothing. Michael decided to follow Sirius' steps and not sit down, leaving Wendy the only one relaxed on her seat.

"Like we said, Harry is in danger, they're planning to get in Hogwarts this year," Narcissa said.

Only then, when Narcissa spoke, did Wendy notice how incredibly still the three were. She looked over at Sirius, but the man's eyes were fixed on the family, so she tried for Remus who only answered with a slight shake of his head.

A partial freezing charm. Right.

"That's no news, we always knew Harry was in danger," Sirius spat. "Why would you suddenly care so much?"

"Because they're treathening Draco," Her voice almost cracked, but her will was stronger, "He's just a boy."

In her voice Wendy could hear the voice of a mother. The voice of someone who would risk her own life to do what's best for her son. Wendy noticed her hands, the same hands that were so steady while she taught her how to crochet just a few summers ago, were now trembling like the leaves that were starting to fall. She was a beautiful woman, no one could deny it, and she often would stay quiet and let her husband do the talk, but not that time. Not when it came to Draco's life.

The same woman who would make an unbreakable vow for her son.

Did she already? Wendy couldn't possibly just ask that question out of nowhere, but she needed to know.

"Why am I here?" She asked then.

Narcissa finally looked at her, the same eyes that she met long ago, but they seemed to be much tired than then, "Draco was the one who suggested to come here, to come to you... He said that, you'd understand."

Now all eyes of the Order were on her. She already said she didn't tell anyone about the location of the Headquarters, but it didn't seem like it now, so she opted to stay quiet.

"He knows of you."

Wendy looked at Draco, "Of me?"

Remus took a step in, "What does He know?"

"I--I don't know," Draco lowered his head, something Wendy never saw him do before, "But I heard her name... that's when I told my mum that we should leave."

It was quiet for a while, until Sirius nodded towards Lucius, "You haven't spoken yet."

"It is not like you will believe anything I say," he said in a low but deafeated voice.