1

(Recommend, Green Lantern: Your name 👆)

When I was a teenager, I used to live near an old mansion. People told stories related to that place. Being a curious kid, I always had a plan to go and check what is so interesting about that old building. Sure from the looks, it wasn't the scary one. But, sure it was different. And that curiosity led me to her. The girl I met in those summer days.

It was one of those hot days in Jump City. The sun was burning and people, they were chilling in their houses. High school was on their summer breaks. The kids were roaming like wild dogs on the streets. After all, they have nothing to do for the whole 2 months.

Gar was in his room playing video games, as usual. It was just an addiction. He just loves video games too much. His parents did tell him it rots the brain, but who cares. He and his friend Victor sure are big fans of T.V.

They are one of those kids who can't imagine their lives without electronic devices. Smashing his fingers aggressively on the controller. He completed another of his levels. Gar wasn't sure how long it has been since his eyes saw anything else than a T.V screen. But, you can make out that it's been hours. 

"Gar! You better now be playing that eye rotting video game!" His mother warned him. He just shrugged and answered (lied) smoothly, "No Mom, I am not playing that game." 

His voice was calm enough to make that he is not aggressive, but his face and fingers were another story. It was his hobby. His parents occasionally pointed out all the bad stuff that video games cause. So whenever he is asked about his video game, his voice is as calm as that person has been sitting quietly for hours. Whereas the truth is completely different.

After succeeding in another round, he was about to move to another when his ringtone buzzed. Who can it be? Without looking away from the screen, he accepted the call. 

"Hello?" He tugged the phone between his ear and shoulder as his fingers continued playing. The person on the other side was awfully familiar to him. 

"Hey Gar, how ya doin' man?" It was his best friend Vic. 

Vic or Victor Stone was the jock of their school. His body was quite large for any other guy his age. His shoulders were massive. His skin was like dark chocolate as for his eyes. They were the same. He was bald for the addition of his large body. 

"Hey Vic, wassup?" Gar paused the T.V screen so he can talk with his friend. 

"Nothin' just feeling bored." 

"Yeah, me too bro! We should totally crash at my place. I just passed tomp!!" Gar exclaimed.

"Sorry dude, can't come. Strict orders from Mom. I am grounded for a week." Gar can hear him sigh. 

"Geez, what did you do to make your Mom this mad!" Gar said trying to hold his laughter. 

"I kinda pulled a prank on her. And it was really great. Until I was caught. But, what I did, this punishment is really small for it." Vic said laughing. 

"What was the prank?" Gar asked, curiously.

"Well, I took her undergarments and wrapped them in a small plastic bag on top of her bed when she was sleeping. I tied a rope to it. The garments were really stinky and dirty. When she woke up, I dumped all of that on her. It was so hilarious. But Mom thought another way around." 

Gar couldn't hold his laughter, he laughed really hard on the phone. 

"Sheesh, quit laughing. I am worried your nose will pop out." This comment made him snort horribly. 

"Dude!!" 

"Ok ok, I am done. But, the prank was really great Vic." 

"Anyway, just tell me what can I do ?" Vic asked. 

"Hmm... This is a tough question. Maybe you should talk to Kori. I bet she's gonna keep you busy with her girl talk the whole week." 

"I better die than listen to her girl gossip Gar!" Vic stated which caused him to laugh. 

"Then go disturb someone else. Imma plays my game. Bye!" Before Vic could protest. Gar cut the line. After some moment he burst into tears of laughter. Vic really got himself in big trouble. He shakes his head. 

He wonders how would his life be if he didn't have his friends? He would die, no wonder! His friends are a really important part of his life. They make him laugh and they keep up with his sadness and help him get through it. He can't imagine his life without them. 

But hey, All have friends! Right? 

He shook away the question and focused on his game. But, he kinda lost his interest. He switched off the game station and stayed there staring at it. 

He should probably check what his parents are doing. He practically ran downstairs. Only to find his parents gone. Huh not a big surprise. 

He quickly grabbed a tofu cube and stuffed in his mouth. Tied up his shoe and ran of.

Gar loved exploring his small town. Gar lives in Jump City with his adoptive parents. His real parents died in a boat accident in Africa. He had some complications with his foster parents first. But then they cooperate. 

Running like a crazy psycho, he didn't stop until there was need of oxygen. He smiled widely and looked around where he has stopped. He was surprised he didn't ran too much because he was in front of "Roth Manor".

There are rumors about this place being haunted and all, and pretty sure that's the reason it's not being able to sell. 

We say curiosity killed the cat. He was always curious for that big old building. He never got the full view as there were like thousands of plants and trees stopping his image. 

"Dude... I totally got time to run in this place!" There goes crazy. 

He looked around for a place from where he can go in. The main gate is locked and it's really huge so no one can climb through it. The rate of this manor is beyond your expectations. They're too expensive.

He somehow found a wall which happens to have some misplaced bricks making perfect for climbing. It was old and really short according to the other walls surrounding it. 

Without wasting a minute he stick himself and he climbed. He took step by step and continued until he reached the rusted iron. 

He holds onto one and stood and the top. He was ready to jump in the bush, but then... 

He was her 

There was a girl who caught his attention. She was in the garden, peacefully sitting on a bench and reading book. The bench was under the shade, protecting her delicate milk skin from sun burns. Her hairs were Raven black messily resting on her shoulders. 

They were reaching the length of her waist. He couldn't see the full face but caught a glimpse of her baby blue eyes carefully scanning every word in the book. Her attire was quite casual for summer. A cotton, pink colored spaghetti dress reaching her knees. Over the dress she wore a cotton white cardigan. 

He was utterly shocked. This girl was... Whoa. How can he describe? Breathe taking. Yeah that will be suiting. He need to make a good appearance in front of her. 

He was so lost in watching the mystery girl when he realized...

His hands slipped from iron rod and his face ended up in one on the bushes under the wall. Good first expression Gar!