You owe me

The solace scent of coffee and pastries filled Erens senses as he opened his eyes. He awoke in the same position he slept in, arms folded against the wooden table, head sat in between. Soft hands could be felt atop his head gently tousling his hair. Eren wanted nothing more than to stay in that moment, but he hadn't known how long he slept and didn't want to inconvenience Armin further. Steadily he brought up his head, Armin sat in the same position. One arm outstretched to Erens head, the other mindlessly scrolling through his phone. Armin hadn't realized the awoken man on the other side until he felt big hands taking his, moving it in front of him off Erens head. Armin's head snapped up from his phone bringing his hand away from the brunettes.

"Morning", Eren tilted his head, grinning at Armin. Armin sat up in his chair, bringing his now free arm to rest under his chin.

"Morning sleepy head, feeling better?"

Eren chuckled looking at Armin earnestly, "Honestly a lot better, thank you," Armin could swear he saw a faint blush on Eren's cheek, "how long have I been sleeping?"

Armin laughed at the sense of urgency, deciding to play around with Eren.

"Couple days maybe? Who knows I blacked out," Armin continued to giggle as Eren rolled his eyes pulling out his phone.

"1:04! Armin you let me sleep for nearly three hours!" Eren slouched back in his seat, "Jeez I'm sorry I didn't realize I kept you here so long." Discontent found itself on Erens face.

"If I wanted to leave, I would have, I enjoyed your company so don't apologize '' Armin outstretched himself over the table, bringing his hand to ruffle Eren's hair. Eren pretended to pout and Armin laughed as he sat back in his seat. The two sat in a comfortable silence as Eren fully awoke to his surroundings. He groaned looking up at Armin with his arms outstretched above his head. Stretching brought his crew neck a bit above his waistline, revealing a strip of Erens golden skin. Armin blushed looking away as Eren yawned one last time, directing himself towards Armin.

"I'm hungry, have you had lunch yet?"

Armin's eyes opened wide, he felt his hands shake at the mention of eating. The last thing he wanted to do right now was think about that, but the thoughts forced themself into Armin's mind. "you don't deserve to eat...he will think you are ugly...everyone will see...". Eren watched Armin's peculiar reaction, he looked over the table to see Armin's hands shaking slightly. Tenderly he reached forward taking his quivering hands.

"You're shaking," Eren spoke so softly Armin's heart skipped a beat, "let's get some food in you, yeah?" Eren didn't exactly know why Armin shook, he assumed it was because he hadn't eaten in a while because of his own little nap, Armin hoped that's all he knew. Sharply Armin inhaled bringing his eyes to match Erens. He smiled feeling safe within his grasp, he forced himself to perk up, sitting slightly straighter.

"Whatcha in the mood for?"

The two decided on a sandwich parlor within walking distance. The walk wasn't far, ten, fifteen minutes maybe. They walked through the streets of the city, chatting about the random shops and businesses. Both of them chose not to acknowledge the physical closeness they once held, both when Eren was sleeping, and when they sat hand in hand. Ironically as composed as they seemed to the other, they both felt the racing of their own hearts. Not before long the blonde and brunette arrived at their destination. Armin could feel his body begin to tremble in fear as harmful thoughts reemerged in his head. He swallowed hard watching as Eren walked in. The smell of freshly baked bread and an assortment of meats, cheeses, and vegetables now dominated his senses. Armin choked back a gag, as he tried not to ignore his surroundings. Armin let himself trail behind Eren as the taller stood in front peering at the menu. Armin stood still, staring at the ground. He had a rehearsed order for these types of situations, but the anxiety still quelled within him.