"Babe this is really good," Madison told me." You didn't have to go to the trouble for me."

I glanced over at Meghan and she was getting uncomfortable." So Madison, tell me a little about yourself." Meghan said.

"Well I'm a singer and hope for one day to be an actress." Madison explained." But I spend a lot of time hanging out with friends and I have a really bad shopping addiction."

"Oh my god, so do I." Meghan replied." We should go shopping together!"

"Definitely. I'm free tomorrow afternoon."

The girls continued to chat while Jackjack and I looked nervously at each other. He leaned over to me and whispered," how bad could it be if our best friend becomes Madison's best friend?"

I shrugged and went back to eating.

*
*
*

Meghan's POV:
I parked outside of Madison's apartment complex and texted her to come outside. I was excited to go shopping with her but I mainly wanted to see what her intentions with Jack are.

"Hey!" Madison said as she got into my car. I drove out of the lot and started driving to the nearest mall. The car ride was silent and when we got there, we headed to Forever twenty one.

When we got inside the store, I followed Madison around for a few minutes before going off on my own.

"Okay so Jack told me you aren't big on dresses but I think this would look super cute on you." Madison told me as she walked up carrying a little dress.

I took it from her and stared at it

I took it from her and stared at it." It's super cute." I admitted." I'm looking for back to school clothes so if you're looking for stuff."

"Say no more, let's get to trying stuff on." She told me. She scoured the rows of clothes, handing me hangers of clothes.

She sent me into a dressing room with a stack of clothes. I started trying stuff on and matching pieces together while occasionally going out for Madison to see.

"You look great in everything including the dress." Madison told me before getting a phone call." Hey baby," She answered before walking away. I took the clothes off before putting mine back on. I texted Jackjack and told him that my credit card was going to have a huge fine on it from back to school shopping.

She came back over to me and took the clothes." I'm gonna pay for these as a thank you for being so cool about me and jack. He told me about how you look out for him but I really want you to know that my intentions for him are pure and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, that I want us to be friends." She explained. Although I was still skeptical of her, I trusted her and her word.

She paid for my clothes and we left the store.

"By the way, jack invited me over tonight so could you take me to your house?" She asked me.

"Sure, not a problem. Thanks for paying, I feel like I owe you something." I replied." Can I buy you lunch or something?"

"Sure but don't feel bad about it or anything." Madison told me. She directed me to the nearest McDonald's and I ordered her some food." Are you getting anything?" She asked.

"No I'm vegan." I replied." It's okay though, besides I'm not craving anything from here."

"I think that's really cool, being a vegan." She told me as I drove to my house.

We chatted during the drive and when we got back, the boys were waiting for us.

"Hey!" I told them." I brought Madison back with me and I assume you two will be hanging out this evening so I'll be at Sammy's." I told jack.

"Yeah that's fine. Don't forget you have school tomorrow so don't stay up too late." Jack reminded me. I went upstairs with my new clothes and put them away before packing a little bag for Sammy's. I left before jack and Madison could do anything and when I got there, Sammy was making dinner.

"I have a pizza in the oven if you get hungry. There's stuff in the fridge and what's mine is yours." He told me.

"Thanks and thank you for letting me sleep over." I told him." I just don't want to hear what goes on there."

"Hey I get it. It can be gross and I can assure you that none of that will ever go on here while you sleep over." Sammy chuckled." Jack told me that you had school in the morning so just let yourself out and don't worry about locking the door."

"You got it. Where's your bathroom?" I asked him. He pointed to down the hall and I accidentally ended up in his room. Before I could walk out I noticed a box of cigarettes on his dresser.

I picked them up and walked back out to the living room." What are these?" I asked him.

"Meghan, I-" I cut him off.

"I can't believe you're smoking! Don't you know how bad this is for you?!" I yelled.

"I do and I'm sorry." He told me." I started while you were gone."

"Why?" I asked him, handing him the carton.

"Karen broke up with him two days after you left." Sammy admitted. Karen was Sammy's long term girlfriend since high school and she was away at college in New York while he's been here in LA.

"Sammy I'm so sorry." I said while hugging him." Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"You were out doing your own thing and I had the guys to get me through it." He explained." But I was feeling depressed and alone so smoking made up for it."

"Do the guys know?" I asked.

"Yeah and they're okay with it as long as I don't smoke around them." He replied." And I won't smoke around you either."

"You shouldn't smoke at all." I muttered." Please be safe though and when it gets out of hand I'm gonna try and force you to stop."

"I expect nothing less from you."