Mother...

No One POV

Y/n sat in the circle with the elder, confused since they never really talked to her. She asked, "Um...why did you ask me here?". The rainforest elder replied, "It's your mother". Just by the elder saying that y/n's heart began to pump faster and faster. Y/n asked, "What about my mother? Is she ok? Did something happen to her?". The tundra elder put a hand on my shoulder and said "She is fine. No need to worry". Y/n sighed in relief and then raised a brow as she asked "Then why did you bring me here?". The rainforest elder said, "Your mother is looking for you. We sense it. Her spirit is strong and so is yours". Y/n couldn't help but smile at those words. Who wouldn't? Her mother is looking for her after all. Y/n asked, "What about my father? Can you tell me where he is?". The tundra elder said, "His spirit is far away. In a kingdom of darkness, sickness, and sin". Y/n narrowed her eyes as she asked "Why is there?". The tundra elder responded, "We don't know". 

Y/n rubbed her fingers through her h/c braided hair and asked "If my father is not In Senara and my mother is out looking for me, who is ruling my kingdom?". The rainforest elder said, "Your kingdom is safe for now". Y/n was about to ask another question but the forest elder chimed in. "You are very powerful y/n. Just like your mother. I'm surprised we didn't see it when you first arrived here". Y/n gave all the elders a look of confusion as she said, "I don't have any powers". The desert elder said as he stood and lit a fire in the pit inside the middle of the circle we sat in "Yes you do but you haven't been told. Maybe your mother and father were waiting until you turned 18 to tell you. Or maybe they forgot themselves". Y/n covered her eyes and said, "I'm so confused. Can one of you please tell me what you are trying to tell me". The tundra elder said, "Your mother is one of us. She's a tundra fey without horns". Y/n placed her head in her hands and said "All fey have horns. Why doesn't she". The tundra elder said "She is a special tundra fey. Our horns represent our devilish nature and our wings represent our heavenly nature. When she was born, I was a young adult. Everyone thought that something was wrong with your mother when she was born because she didn't have any horns. She was such a sweet girl as she grew up. Never got into trouble, never disrespected anyone, and was very beautiful. When she was 12 years old, 3 ships came here. The ships were filled with pirates. They tied all the fey up together. They beat anybody who resisted against them. Your mother's father was one of the fey who resisted. When your mother saw her father getting beaten, something in her snapped. She froze all the pirates and their ships. It took her 10 days to calm down. Anyone and anything she touched froze". 

As Y/n continued to listen to the story of her mother, she didn't notice the sound of the fey gathering at the bottom of the hill. The tundra fey finished saying "She is as powerful as the phoenix and so are you". Y/n had no words. The woman who had been raising her for many years was like a goddess to the fey. She never remembered seeing her mother have wings, not even as a teenager. Y/n looked at the tundra fey and asked "Why are you telling me this?". Before the tundra fey could answer, the sound fey at the bottom of the hill grew loud. The rainforest fey said, "We can speak more of this another day. I suggest that you not tell anyone except the people you trust". Y/n nodded her head as she stood, then walked down the hill. 

The elders looked at one another as the fire in front of them grew brighter. "We should have told her about the humans trying to find her," the rainforest elder said. The desert elder said, "No, first her mother needs to find her. She's the only one who can stop the war. Y/n is our last hope".