Are you ready?

News of your 'awakening ' and marriage spread like wildfire throughout the kingdom. The royales and citizens offered their praise and congratulations. You were sent many gifts, ranging from flowers to expensive jewels. They also offered help in preparing for your wedding. You and your friends acted as normal as possible around the royales. The last thing you needed was anyone else finding out about your plan, especially King Jago. This continued for the rest of the week until the night before your wedding. The royal women insisted on throwing you a bachelorette party before the supposed 'happiest day of your life.' 

----------------------------------------

You sat at the head of the table, 'celebrating' your bachelorette party with the other royal women, Ini, Shrike, and Feuer. Ini and Shrike sat closest to you, and Feuer lay on the tiled floor next to your chair. The table was littered with cake and wine, none of which your, Ini, or Shrike touched. The royales would not stop talking about...

"How happy you must be?!"
"How wonderful for you to be marrying a handsome prince!"
"I'm sure you can't wait to marry Prince Sable and have kids!"

It was sickening to listen to them, but you kept smiling and nodding in agreement. Ini and Shrike occasionally conversed with one another but mainly kept an eye on you. You looked down at Feuer, who covered his ears with his paws and whimpered softly. "I know how you feel," You whispered to Feuer, leaning over and stroking his back. 

"Princess Y/n, are you listening?" One of the royals asked, raising her brow at you. "Oh, forgive me. I was checking to make sure Feuer was ok," You said with an innocent smile. "It's alright. I don't mind repeating," The royal said, returning to the smile. "I asked if you are ready to be Queen?" The royal repeated. "Yes, I've prepared for this role my whole life and am now ready to fulfill my duty as a loving wife and Queen," You answered. "You sound just like your mother," The royal said, clapping her hands happily. "Indeed, she does," Speak of the devil. 

Your mother entered the ballroom, ending the conversations between the royales. She was dressed in her nightgown with a royal blue robe wrapped around her. Her platinum hair was braided and fell over her shoulder. Her wings were folded gracefully behind her back. 

"Ladies, my daughter and I appreciate all that you've done. Now, I believe it is time for my daughter to get some sleep. She has a big day tomorrow," Your mother said, placing a hand on the back of your chair. Before the women could protest, you, Ini, and Shrike stood from the table alongside Feuer. "Yes, I believe it is time for me to turn it. Goodnight, you all," You said, quickly turning on your heel and exiting the room with your mother, Ini, Shrike, and Feuer in toe. 

"Thank you, mother. I wasn't sure how long I would last," You said, smiling gratefully at your mother. "There is no need to thank me. I can't imagine what they spoke to you about," Your mother said. "They kept on about how excited I must be about the wedding and becoming Queen," You said with a low chuckle. "It was dreadful. I'm glad it's over now," Shrike said with a relieved smile. The sound of heels clacking against the marble floor echoed through the halls. "Is everything prepared, as I asked?" You asked, looking at your mother from the corner of your e/c eye. 

"Yes. Gale and I's thrones will be moved to the chapel before the wedding. The chapel will be locked once everyone is inside, and multiple guards will be posted around the chapel. The chapel will not be unlocked until after you are crowned," Your mother answered. "Good, and the bombs?" You asked. "Maleficent will fake an illness and stay behind to deal with them when the time is right," Your mother responded. 

You sighed with relief, glad that most of the preparation for your plan was done. Your mother turned to you, an unreadable expression plastered across her face. "Ini, Shrike, I'd like a moment with y/n," Your mother said, completely turning, so her entire body was facing you. "Alright. Goodnight," Ini and Shrike said before walking around you, your mother, and Feuer, leaving the three of you alone in the hallway.