Eyes narrowed, I studied him. Why did I get some sense of jealousy from him? Friend jealousy. Like he wanted Kacey to know he came before her as far as subjects to my camera went. After all, my stint with One Direction was about 3 years ago.

I kept that inference to myself and resumed my work as Harry and Kacey talked guitar strings.

Knocks came at the door. "Hey, it's Jeff, can I come in?"

My breath caught in my throat.

Being on the down-low required as little people as possible from my past with Harry knowing I was here. Since Harry made it clear he wasn't keen on anyone knowing I was here either, I assumed that meant his manager didn't know. I was afraid that if his team found out, they would make my life hell—again. But it was one I would just have to live through because this was an opportunity I wasn't taking for granted.

All at once, Kacey called for Jeff to enter and Harry rushed over just as the door began to open up.

"Woah!"

"Hey, Jeff, I'll just meet you in my dressing room."

"Wait what?"

"I'll catch you across the hall."

"Well, what's the big secret, huh?"

My focus broke from the door to Kacey who gave me an apologetic look.

"There's no secret."

"Really? Then why can't I come in?"

"Fine." Harry's voice turned nonchalant, stepping away from the door. "Be my guest, Mr. Nosy Pants."

Following the trend of nonchalance, I propped an elbow on the table and rested my right cheek on my fist, turning my face completely out of sight.

I'm just in the state of flow, working hard and not realizing anyone has come in. Nothing to see here. I'm just a random crew member.

One of these days I'd start thinking rationally.

"Hey, Kace. How are you today?"

"I'm fine. How are you doing?"

"Good, thanks. Trying to keep track of this guy here is a full-time job."

"I'm easy," Harry bantered.

"Yeah? Then what were you acting all suspicious for?"

Silence filled the room and I had a feeling I was missing some body language cues going on. The temptation was too much to handle and I snuck a look to Kacey on my left. Her eyes darted between me and the two men on my right.

Time to face the music.

I looked over my other shoulder and my eyes connected with Jeff's.

I personally didn't have much against Jeff. I got that business was business, and he had to do what was best for Harry at all times. Nothing I could fault him for. I guess I just held a bit of resentment towards all of Harry's team for their part in all the hate I received after we broke up. I figured they'd help to serve as some buffer in the aftermath, but nope. I was left to the wolves.

"Oh...oh."

Recognition hit his eyes after a few seconds of skimming over my face, then confusion quickly spread. His back straightened out and jaw hardened. God, what he must be thinking...

"Norah," he spoke lightly, in direct contrast to his stiff posture.

Confirmed: Jeff is not too happy to see me.