Chapter Four

After getting school supplies, Harry and I each got a pet. I named my black cat Salem, and he named his owl Hedwig. As we are walking through Hogsmade, Hagrid asks, "You all right, Harry? You seem very quiet". "He killed my parents, didn't he? The one who gave me this." Harry points to his scar. "You know, Hagrid. I know you do." Hagrid sighs, "First, and understand this because it's very important: Not all wizards are good. Some of them go bad, A few years ago there was one wizard who went as bad as you can go. His name was V— His name was V-"

"Maybe if you wrote it down," I suggest. "No, I can't spell it. All right, Voldemort." "Voldemort," Harry repeats in a questionable tone. "Shhh. It was dark times. Voldemort started to gather some followers. Brought them over to the Dark Side. Anyone who stood up to him ended up dead. Your parents fought against him. But nobody lived once he decided to kill them. Nobody, not one. Except you." "Me? Voldemort tried to kill me?" "Yes. That ain't no ordinary cut on your forehead. A mark like that only comes from being touched by a curse, and an evil curse at that." "What happened to V—? To You-Know-Who," I ask. "Well, some say he died. Codswallop, in my opinion. Nope I reckon he's out there still too tired to carry on. But one thing's absolutely certain. Something about Harry stumped him that night. That's why you're famous. That's why everyone knows your name. You're the boy who lived."