Chapter 18: Spark of War

Pyrrha once more opened her eyes to see she was on the back of a griffin that was red white and black.

She looked ahead and recognized that it was Kazuma Drakeblood.

To the side of them was Talahad on his pteranodon looking cheerful as ever.

"Hey Kazuma that's a real pretty griffin ya found, I'm a bit jealous my self."

"Focus Talahad," Kazuma said out of annoyance "Dont forget that we're out here to find who slaughtered that herd of trikes."

"Ugh it's always business with you Kaz, it's still a hour away flight-wise it's not gonna hurt to have a conversation."

Kazuma ignored him and continue to look ahead.

"Hey Kazuma, your not still mad about that little accident last week with battlemaster Bariss are ya?"

"YES." He glared back at Talahad.

"Oh come on I told you it was a prank gone wrong!" Talahad whined.

"How and why did you end up with her underwear on your head?!" He Snapped. "Not to mention you drug me into it and next thing I know I had to shovel dino shit for a week!"

Talahad Snickered remembering how Pissed Kazuma was shoveling poop.

"Look I said I was sorry, I just panicked was all." He said holding his hands up. "You know how scary Bariss is."

Kazuma rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"It should've been you shoveling feces."

Pyrrha couldn't help but smile. The 2 reminded her of Ren and Nora in a way.

"You know y-

Kazuma was cut off by seeing Talahad staring down at something in shock.

"Talahad what's wron-

Once again Kazuma was cut off by Talahad flying down.

"Talahad! Damnit!!" Kazuma said in frustration before gliding down after him.

Kazuma and Pyrrha got off once the Griffin landed and followed Talahad behind some trees.

"TALAHAD WHAT THE HELL DO YOU....

Kazuma stopped mid sentence once he saw what grabbed his attention.

It was a wild Rex with its entire stomach slit open, and the worst part was that it was still alive and in tremendous pain.

"Oh God." Kazuma said before rushing over to Talahad who was comforting the beast.

Talahad looked over to Kazuma with tears in his eyes.

"What kind of monster could do such a thing?" He weeped.

Kazuma could not bring himself to say anything. He simply looked at the Rex in pain knowing what he had to do.

He took out his sword and knelt down to the beast and calmly plunged it into the Rex's skull ending its suffering.

Both the BeastMasters and Pyrrha stood in silence for what felt for ages.

"You should've left it to die!" Yelled a female voice.

The three of them turned to see a group of warriors in red and black attire staring down at them but what stuck out most of all was their Silver Eyes.