Summer glow ups

I walked back down the stairs to see Draco sat in the living room. I stood there for a second and took in his handsomeness. My eyes travelled down his body as he sat on the sofa. He didn't seem to notice me which worked in my favour.

I realised he was just sat there staring blankly into the open space in front of him. I knew him all too well to know that he had someone on his mind. I walked over to the sofa and took a seat on the opposite end.

"Who's on your mind?" I asked him. He still sat there in silence looking into the open space, "Draco I can read you like a book, who's on your mind"

I started to get a bit concerned because we would usually tell each other everything. He finally spoke up, "oh... um just" he hesitated, "uhh P-Pansy... yeah Pansy and how she's been all over me for the past year" he gave a nervous chuckle.

It seemed suspicious but I just shrugged it off and continued making a small conversation, "isn't it cool how we have the house to ourselves for the whole summer, we can do whatever we want!" I started to get excited.

"Yeah but they're also missing our birthdays" he added, "but it doesn't mean we can't have the best time of our lives"

He took me by surprise, "exactly! We can do whatever we want. Like right now I could... have a boy over and we could do whatever we want"

He gave me a look of disgust, "yeah you aren't doing that" he said sternly with a smirk.

"And why not?" I smirked back.

"Because after he's going to do what Blaise and Tom do and I'm not having that happen to you because you don't deserve someone who will do that to you" he sounded like he cared a lot. I mean obviously he does but I didn't know it was that much. Maybe he might like me a bit more than a friend. Yep, I'm kidding myself.

"Who knows Draco Malfoy could care about someone so much!" I giggled.

"Nova you've been my best friend since you were born, of course I care about you" he said calmly. At that moment our eyes met each other's. Butterflies started swarming in my stomach and I felt my cheeks grow slightly warm. I only fell for him harder.

He cleared his throat, causing me to become familiar to my surroundings once again, "are you okay?" He asked, "you seem a bit off"

"Y-yeah, I'm fine" I stuttered. I felt a bit embarrassed and stood up, "uhh I'll be in my room if you need me" I said and I started walking to the stairs when I felt a cold hand wrap around my wrist.

I turn around to see Draco look at me with concern in his eyes, "you know you can talk to me about anything Nova" his eyes were staring into my soul. He pulled me into a friendly hug and I melted at his touch.

After around ten to twenty seconds we both pulled away and I continued to go to my room. As I walked up the stairs, my grin was from ear to ear, buzzing with happiness. Before my crush I was never like this, every time he did it gave a that bit more hope that he liked me back.

When I got to my room, I flopped onto my bed and started daydreaming about Draco. That boy was on my mind more than I liked to admit. His grey eyes held so much secrecy, that even I didn't know the answer to.

After ten minutes or so I heard a knock on the door, "come in!" I yelled, then realising only Draco was in the house, "what do you need Draco?" I asked a bit concerned as he never really knocked on my door for anything.

"I'm going in the pool, you coming" he asked. I thought for a moment. It sounded fun, why not?

"Yeah, I'll meet you down there" the Malfoy's had an indoor pool and outdoor pool. Just as he was about to walk away I stopped him, "wait the outdoor one or indoor one?" I asked.

"Indoor, more privacy" he said as he smirked then walked off. What did he mean by privacy. Even though it was dark we did go in the outdoor one sometimes as it was more fun.

I thought for a bit longer, we are on private property, how is anyone going to see us? I just shrugged it off and walked to my drawers and pulled out my black bikini and got changed and put my clothes in the hamper. I grabbed a towel and walked down the stairs and to the indoor pool. I walked through the door and saw Draco wasn't there yet so I put my towel on one of those long chairs and sat on the other end.

After a few minutes he finally walked through the door. He walked through the door in his swim shorts showing off his v-line and chiselled abs and muscle toned arms. Oh that uniform really does hide a lot.

I may have been staring but he didn't seem to notice. I also had a glow up myself. During last summer was when I really focussed on myself and now every boy wanted to hook up with me, but believe me I didn't want that at all because the whole time I had a crush on Draco. He seemed to be checking me out. Well this was the first time he has seen me in any outfit like this since.

We both seemed to snap out of it around the same time. He walked over to the chair next to the one I was on and put his towel down on it.

"So..." he started, "when did you glow up?" He asked. Looking me up and down but I didn't mind. I liked it a bit, only because he's my crush and has been my best friend for as long as I can remember.

"Last summer" I responded, "it's been a right nightmare at school though, with boys from all years staring at me and asking me to hook up with them, but thankfully when they don't listen to me they'll listen to the muscular, tall boys who I am very lucky to call my best friends" I giggled.

"Yeah we can be right dicks sometimes" he chuckled, "anyway, I'm going to do what I intended on doing down here" he said as he stood up.

He ran slightly and jumped in the pool right in-front of me, lightly splashing me. I stayed in my seat as Draco got out.

"You not getting in?" He asked. Before I could respond he had picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Hey! You better not do what I think you're going to do" I said while giggling. He started to walk towards the pool.

"Oh Nova, you know me too well" he said as he got to the edge of the pool and threw me in. Once I returned to the surface I looked up at Draco I got out of the pool.

"Oh you are so dead!" I walked over to him when he wasn't looking and pushed him in. I laughed once again. I walked over to my chair and sat down as Draco was climbing out of the pool. We both decided to head upstairs as it was getting late.

We walked up the stairs together and down the hall together until we got to our rooms and we went separate ways.

I went into my room and walked straight to the bathroom connected and jumped in the shower. After I showered I dried my hair and got changed into an oversized t-shirt and shorts.

It was now around nine o'clock in the evening and i sat on my bed fiddling with my rings when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" I said, not really focussing on my rings.

"Hey" he said and I looked up at him to see him in just grey sweatpants. I then returned my focus to my rings, "want to have a movie night?" He asked with a smile.

I shot my head up, "like we used to when we were younger?" I asked as an excited expression plastered itself on my face.

"Yep"

"Is that even a question?" I said as I got off my bed. I ran to the closet and grabbed a bunch of blankets and cushions. Draco opened the door properly and we walked downstairs to the living room.

I dumped everything on the massive sofa and started to set it up.