i do

Valentine's Day wedding (but not at the roadhouse in heaven because in my reality they are all alive, happy, in love and living the life that they deserve)

Words: 2k

***

d e a n

Dean quietly makes his way down the hallway, the bunker bathed in calm and silent darkness. He'd waited in the dark of his room until everyone had gone to bed, which had taken longer than he expected as they were so many. People had arrived from all over the past couple of days making the bunker feel more alive than ever before.

At the sound of a door closing somewhere in the bunker, Dean hurries down the hallway until he stops in front of his room. Gently knocking while looking around to make sure no one is there to see him, he can hear muffled footsteps from inside the bedroom. The door silently opens and he is met with a sleepy face that lights up in a bright smile as he looks at Dean.

«Hey, sunshine.» Leaning against the doorframe, Dean reaches out to pull his angel towards him, his lips brushing gently against Cas's.

«What are you doing here?» His arm goes around Dean's neck as he smiles sweetly at Dean and buries his other hand in Dean's hair.

«I can't sleep without you.» Cas gives him a look telling him he doesn't believe him, since they both know Dean has the ability to fall asleep anywhere and anytime, without problems. Chuckling quietly he brushes their lips together again. «Fine. I don't want to sleep without you. You know I don't believe in that bullshit.»

«Hmm.»

«Besides, we spent enough nights apart, and I don't want to spend the night before our wedding alone, or any other night for that matter.»

«Well... I guess I'll just have to let you sleep here them.» Cas smiles against Dean's smile as he pulls him into his room, closing the door behind them.

«I could leave if you want me to.» Dean teases as he pushes Cas towards the bed, his arms holding him tight against his own body.

«No.» Cupping his face, Cas pulls him back into the kiss. «You know I don't want to sleep alone either. But you have to leave before the other wakes.»

«Are we back to sneaking around behind closed doors again? As much fun as that was, I don't think that necessary. I think the wedding, our wedding, gave us away a long time ago.» Dean's hands find their way underneath Cas's shirt, gently brushing over the warm naked skin.

«I don't want to see how everyone goes crazy if they find you here. It was bad enough when we were going to bed, especially your brother.»

«I don't really care. I just want you.» Dean takes a hold of his shirt, Cas's arms reaching up for him to pull it all the way off.

«Me neither. Come here.» Getting rid of his own shirt, Dean leans back in as Cas cups his face and drags them towards the bed. Gently pushing Dean onto the bed, Cas follows, their lips never leaving each other.

Dean never really believed he'd get to experience any of this. He might have dreamed of it, wanted it for so long, but he'd never dared to hope for it. And now... now he had everything he'd ever dreamed of.

Happiness.

Love.

Cas.

He'd never believed he'd get to live a happy life, to feel loved the way he had always longed for. To be loved by the angel that he'd fallen for so many years ago. The angel he, tomorrow, would get to call husband.