Chapter 13

We get to the surface and see the black robed men. I run over to Luna and said in Latin, "I thought I lost you!"

Her man looked at Eve and Rick with hard eyes and said, "I told you to leave or die, you refused, and now you may have killed us all. For you have unleashed the creature that we have feared for more than four thousand years."

Rick rolled his eyes and said "Relax, I got him."

Luna's man looked even more mad, and yelled, "No mortal weapons can kill this creature. He is not of this world.!

Rick looked unimpressed and said, "Are we talking about the same creature? The walking corpse? Really big mouth? Really bad breath?"

We hear a commotion and look to see more black garbed men bring up the injured American. One of the Americans rushes forwards and yells, "You bastards!"

 One of the Americans rushes forwards and yells, "You bastards!"

The other yelled in distress, "What did you do to him?"

Luna's man said, "We saved him! Saved him before the creature could finish his work. Now leave, all of you, quickly, before he finishes you all."

Jonathan looks nervous, "You're not going to kill us?" He grunts in pain when Evelyn elbows him in the ribs.

He shook his head and said, "We must now hunt him down, and try and find a way to kill him, before he consumes the earth. Allah be with us."

He then turns to his men and heads toward the crevice. I look at Luna and she looks at me and we nod. I look toward Eve and Rick and say, "We're staying."

Eve looks scared and Rick looks stunned. Jonathan yells, "That's suicide!"

I looked toward Eve and said, "I cannot let them do this on their own. I hope to see you soon, Eve." Luna and I then rushed after the garbed men, ignoring the yells of our friends.

Suddenly we hear Rick yell, "I told you, I already got him!"

Luna's man stops and turns, "Know this, the creature will be coming for you. He must consummate the curse. And until he does, he will never eat, he will never sleep, and he will never stop."

We then head into the crevice. It was quiet when I finally said, "Its kind of amazing how I'm always so much like the bad guys."

Luna's man looked at me and said, "How so?"

I shrugged and said, "Well, the first go around we both grew up in the same conditions. I'm not sure how I turned out with my moral compass."

Luna pipes up, "You had me."

I chuckled and said, "That I did."

The man then said, "And now?"

I shrugged and said, "Well. I can't die, so that's a plus. And I don't sleep either."

He just looked at me and said, "I see..."

I smiled and said, "Don't worry! I'm not dead! I'm just its mistress!"

He just gave me a flat look and Luna holds his hand saying, "He will age no more, and wander the world, forever."

I looked at Luna sadly and said, "And that..."

Luna smiles and says, "Don't worry. You won't be alone."

This was a surprise. Some more robed men came back and spoke to Luna's man in Arabic, "The creature has left."

He swore and I said, "He'll go to where the others are. I bet they're in Cairo."

He nodded and Luna said, "We should apparate there. That way we have more time to plan."

I nodded and said, "Yeah. That would be the best way." I then looked at the man and said, "Do you trust us?"

He looked from me to Luna, who gave him an gentle smile. He nodded.

Luna took hold of him and I took hold of her and I said, "This will feel very uncomfortable. I'm sorry in advance. Also, do not let go."

And with a pop, we left.

We arrived in the same alley way we did the first time, and the man immediately turned and threw up. Luna patted his back and said, "There, there. You'll feel better in a moment."

A few moments later, he came up and I handed him a potion, "Drink this. You'll feel better."

He looked at it with suspicion and Luna said, "Please Ardeth."

Huh, so that was his name. He nodded, took a swig, and I could tell it worked. He looked at me with surprise and said, "What are you?"

I laughed and said, "You really want to know?"

Luna's laugh tinkled and she said, "You mean what are we?"

His eyebrows rose higher and he said, "You can do these things too?"

She nodded and said, "Yep."

I felt bad for him and said with a smile, "Where we come from, we are called witches. We can use magic."

He just looked shocked and Luna took his arm and said, "Let's go to the museum. The Curator wants to talk to you."

He looks at her and says, "How do you know?"

She shrugs and I said, "She's special. She knows things."

He looked upset and said, "And you knew this would happen? That the creature would arise?!"

I stepped in-between them and hissed, "You watch your mouth. She may see things but its not her job to stop them. If she tells me not to do something I don't. If she tells me otherwise, I do. Don't. Yell. At. Her. Again."

I could tell my eyes glowed and he looked properly frightened. I turned to Luna and said, "You may want to explain to him how things work. He's your soulmate."

She beamed at me and took his hand again, slowly telling him on our way to the museum how her visions work.