four

For me, getting on my bike is such a freeing feeling.

No distractions. 

No obligations.

No Bri.

My hair is at the perfect length to whip me in the face every time I turn my head even slightly to the side. There is something about the way that my knuckles turn white from the grip and my face turns red from the wind while I'm riding my bike that gives me this certain thrill that makes it so addicting.

Yet another vice to add to my list.

-

It's probably not a good thing that I use a waitress at a diner to distract me from my life. I know that.

Can she be classified as one of my vices?  

Especially since Bri is the one who's supposed to be doing that for me.

Bri doesn't ease any stress, she is the root of it all. Most days, I wish that I could go back in time and never have gone up to her in that club. I like to imagine that my life would be so different if I just walked away from her that night. A guy can dream.

The boys are already in the parking lot when I pull my bike in. I can tell because Niall's voice is being carried from his car to the street. That kid wants the world to remember him; he doesn't wanna be forgotten, he wants to be a legend.

Luke is laughing along with whatever shit Niall is spewing out of his mouth. Calum, like always, is silently watching as these two seem to be having the time of their lives; bless his tolerant heart.

"Loverboy's here! How did we ever carry on without you?" Niall belts across the parking lot as I pull into the one and only motorcycle spot.

"Shut up, Niall," I am not really in the mood to deal with his uppity attitude right now. I feel bad whenever I snap at Niall just because I knows that he means well and just wants to find the best parts of life hidden in the shit of it all. I hate that Bri ruins everything for me. She has taken that ability away from me and it breaks Nialls heart.

"Hey man," Calum speaks for the first time since arriving. He looks back down to his fingers fumbling with his rings immediately. He seems upset.

None of them can ever seem to figure out what is going on in his mind and even if one of them asks him about it, he never tells us exactly what is going on. Calum is the definition of a closed book.

"Let's go eat. I'm fucking starved," I respond.

Walking in, Niall makes his usual dumbass remark about where we were going to sit, knowing that we only ever sit at one table.

That's my one rule.

I am not a nervous person. I'm not afraid of anything or anyone. But something about her just makes me get butterflies. Of course I'd never let her know that. I have convinced himself that I has to keep my face stern and mean whenever I'm in here because I can't let her see any kind of emotion other than confidence. 

While she makes me feel things that I haven't felt before, I can't say she's my favorite person. She drives me insane, but in a different way than Bri does. Bri makes me want to scream out of anger and frustration and she even makes me hate myself because I let her have this much power over me and my decisions. This waitress makes me mad because no matter how hard I try to charm her, she refuses to give in or even give me any sort of reaction, which I am absolutely not used to. It also drives me crazy that she won't let any of us know her fucking name. She's never wearing a name tag when she serves us, which pisses him me cause I can see that she wears it when she goes to other tables. How immature is that shit? Why the fuck wouldn't she even give me the common decency of letting me know her name? Then she gets mad at me when I call her "babe" and "baby". What the fuck else are we supposed to call her?