C H A P T E R | O N E

Start from the beginning

Hollering as they read out which page it was and what notes Kyler had written down for the upcoming tests and the former tests that had taken place "it's not worth it" he had to remind himself constantly as he stayed with his head peaked around the corner, red flushed cheeks growing hot. Those notes though, were worth it, Kyler was going to use them to study for the exam. It had all the information he needed, and it was all being ripped into tiny shred and splattered all over the floor.

"Imagine his face" Hilton shouted, her tittering laugh made Kyler want to rip out his hair as easily as they ripped out each paper "oh dear Ryan please pass me back my book" she pressed her lips into a line and stuck them out with mocking him, he plump lips making kissing noises towards Ryan as she joked around, most of the group joined in laughing saying their own hurtful sentences "he's so tiny he probably could even reach high enough to take back his book" or "why does he even bother coming to school, what-he only had like one friend. What's his, oh wait it's a girl, what's her name?" while Ryan held a smirk.

His back tensed and froze each time he heard Hilton's laughing, maybe his way of saying it was as annoying as Kyler initially said "hey I'm Hilton and my voice is as annoying as how dumb I act" Kyler burst out of anger, he meant to keep quiet but he spat it. A few drops escaped his lips and landed on the ground, his teeth clashing together and grounding them until he could have sworn they had no detailing on the top of them.

The chatter died down when he said that and everyone turned to look at the boy, he stood there his arms crossed and his eyes burning a hole into the ground while tears burned behind his eyes. Hilton's face was pure anger as she started to storm towards him grabbing his math book out of an amused Ryan's hand "how dare you" she shrieked and held the last remaining pages of his book, and brought it down on her knee so the hardcover snapped in two.

Visibly flinching he almost threw up, but he held it back and forced himself to to recoil. If he entered his class without that book he would be in trouble for disobedience, and to order a new one it costed money, and would take a while to get.

"And here I was thinking your laugh was annoying" Kyler shot back, hitting her sore spot as she recoiled in shame holding her finger directly in his face "you will not get away with this" she made it sound as a threat taking a step into his personal space. He looked up uninterested and for dramatic effect yawned, running a hand through his brown locks. Curls moved around his finger and coiled together again, bouncing slightly as his sharp gaze went back to her face.

Hilton's eyes widened in anger as she raised her hand, ready to smack it across his face. Kyler wasn't the only one to realize as her group of friends faces dropped in shock, only Ryan smart enough to shoot across the small distance and grab her tiny frame turning her around in time for only Hilton's hand to collide with air. Her breathing was harsh as she struggled around in Ryan's arms trying to find a way to get back to Kyler and deliver the smack "look, Hilton you can't hit him" he said harshly and forced her back towards their friends who grabbed her arms to hold her.

Silence filled the distance, Kylers mind spinning and he took half a step back out of Ryan's friends vision and tried to focus on the ground. He'd been threatened to be hit but he'd never actually had a girl in-front of him with her hand up, Kyler knew that if she hit him he couldn't, nor would hit her. It didn't take away from the anger starting to show itself on his pale face, his eyes slowly in focusing and looking slowly at everyone in the hall who looked unsteady.

Everyone took a gulp as they looked back at Kyler, Ryan turning around slowly to look at his face. It was flushed red and he was panting heavily, his fist were clenched by his sides his jaw copying and locking. His grey eyes turned a shade of black as they stared unmoving at Hilton who seemed to pale in realization of what she was about to do "K-Kyler" she stuttered and stumbled over her own words.

Nobody spoke.

Hilton slowly pushed away from her friends, finally able to stand on her own and began to let her eyes shakily look around his face for any change. None was detected other then his fingers clenched in his fist twitching every so often "Kyler" Mellani shouted as she walked into the hallway were both groups of people stood breathing slowly.

"What's with the tension" Ryan and his posey watched as Mellani's hand raised and rested her Kylers shoulder, him tensing under the pressure and took a sharp breath his eyes finally darting to look at her face. Her nailed hand left a gentle calming feel where ever she touched and it calmed him down enough to open his mouth and attempt to speak rationally.

"I dare you to do that again" his dark voice said as he grabbed Mellani's hand trying to find a grasp back in reality "I fūcking dare you" he repeated looking directly at Hilton who took a few steps away, her confidence from earlier long gone.

Without another though, Kyler allowed Mellani to take the hand he was holding and drag him away, opposite from were Hilton was. None of them ignored the hideous glare that Kyler gave her before he turned around snd looked straight ahead.

Everyone's heads were spinning as they remembered Hilton's hand resting in the air, her face full of remorse as she leaned into Ryan's side "it'll be okay" Ryan promised letting his arm wrap around her shoulders and give it a squeeze, watching as the group of two turned a corner.

It wasn't long after they were out of sight that Hilton started crying and fell against Ryan's chest "oh god" she sniffed and rubbed the bottom of her nose.

She raised the hand that was going to smack Kyler anymore and just glared at it in fear "what was I going to do" the tears fell in buckets as she clutched Ryan's black shirt trying to figure out what had just happened "it was an accident" Veronica said quietly, her hand coming up and rubbing her friends back comfortingly.

Only Kyler who was already turned around the corner could hear the fakeness in Hilton's voice as she tried to pry sympathy from her friends.