A soft hand touched your shoulder, and you stared into bright turquoise eyes ringed with gold. Aelin smiled brightly, how had she walked across the ball room so fast? You could see Rowan's grin from afar, as he studied his mate coming to save you  from this eternal monologue with Lysandra. "Lysandra, dear, I need to tell you something and I think someone is tired of hearing your tales", the Lady of Caraverre tried to protest but Aelin mouthed Dorian's name. Lysandra grinned and they both nudged you towards the glass doors opening upon the gardens. Aelin gave you an encouraging look, "And I think someone is eager for you, it's pretty obvious. He likes you, a lot. That's what we were talking about. Now, go to him."

   You thanked them both and rushed towards the glass doors. You found the man who made your heart pound wildly, sitting on your bench and stopped three feet away, unsure about what was about to happen. He got up and crossed the last steps. His hand brushed your chin and then cupped your cheek. As you close your eyes Dorian leaned to your ear, not exactly where you wanted him. His breath was hot against your neck, sending butterflies in your core as he whispered, "Dance with me". He moved his hand from your cheek and gripped your lower back, squeezing it. He moved  so his forehead would rest against yours, while his other hand clasped yours. Moving for the first time you rested your arm around his neck, holding on to his collar.

   You danced and danced. for what felt like hours but only for a few minutes at the same time. Neither of you said anything, your brows settled against each other, your eyes burning through each other. Everything was perfect, his grip was hard on you, as if he was scared you would fade away. You could hear the enchanting music from the ball from outside.

   As a song ended, he spinned you a last time and brought you back to him, pressing his chest against yours. He bent down his head to meet your height. His look was pleading and full of hunger, sending a shiver down your spine. That kind of gaze could have cut through anything, your clothes for an exemple. Neither of you would complain.

   You took a sharp breath as Dorian's lips were now a centimeter from yours. His lips were a soft brush at first and when he brought his hand into your hair and you opened yourself to him. It snapped something in him and the kiss deepened into something else, you completely lost your senses. Your own hand swept into his hair, tugging for dear life.

   Moving your feet, you gently pushed him on the bench. His hands moved from your waist and pulled your body down with him, your legs settling on either side of him. He was perfect, you couldn't think straight. Your thoughts were even more messed up when a gentle phantom hand caressed your hair, while his shy hand was slowly descending to your bottom, cupping it. Tearing away from his lips, you moved to his jaw, tracing it with your tongue. You traced patterns down his neck to his collarbone, tearing groans from him. An invisible touch traced patterns of it's own around your neck, slowly making its way to your breast. If these shadow strokes could do this much, you couldn't begin to imagine to rest when there would be no barrier between you.

   Dorian pulled away, an inch from you and whispered, "I love you, I was too blind before. But now I admit it, I'm completely and utterly in love with you. I don't want anyone else.". He brushed a hand along your jaw and left soft kisses, marking his words.

You took his face in both of your hands, while gazing in his eyes, you murmured, "And I love you Dorian Havillard.". He stood up, holding you up with him and-

   The memory from one of  the best nights of your life got cut right there. A groan had surprised you, making you drop your book and wake up from your daydreaming. Dorian chuckled from your expression and walked towards you. For a few seconds you kept glancing between the garden and his form, how long had you been reminiscing? It must have been for a while since he had had the time to cross the castle to reach you.

   Coming by your side, Dorian purred, "Love, you are adorable when you daydream, especially when it's about me. Or is it about my phantom hands?". Thoses phantom touches were, let's just say they were everything. You shook with laughter as he placed a hand on your knee, gripping it, and kissed your brow. Grinning, you reached out and tipped his crown, he did the same with yours. It was a cute innocent thing you both liked to do, neither of you remember how or why it had started but both of you loved doing it.

   "You wish, besides, I wasn't daydreaming. Do you actually know what it means?" Dorian shook his head and rose. raised an eyebrow and tipped his head, amused with himself because he knew he was right. Not wanting to let him be right you continued, "Daydreaming is when you think pleasant and usually wishful thoughts while awake. As I said, wishful thoughts. That's not what I was thinking about.". You were not a very good liar, but you tried. As much as you  wanted to have his hands all over you, you wanted to read. That's why you came to the library in the first place.

   Beaming, Dorian swayed his head, thinking you were the cutest thing trying to wiggle out by lying. He could see right through you. Even four years ago when you first met, he knew how to read you. But the trying to lie game was always fun. "So you weren't thinking about us and our first kiss. I know for a fact that whenever you have that book", he said while pointing towards the fallen book that you hadn't yet picked up. "You always drift off towards our first kiss and many first.", he said while adding a wink.

    Your only answer was your hand gently slapping his chest. Even with all your will power your hand stayed there, on his chest. Licking his lips and bent down even lower and purred against your ear with your favourite voice, a voice that would make you do anything and lose all your senses, "Enough, we both know I am right, as always. Do you care to recreate the library scene that happens two chapters later?". You couldn't help but roll your eyes, but of course you wanted too. You knew that if you were roll my eyes it would snap his self control.

  "You will regret doing that my darling". You shrieked as he captured my lips.