•The First Task of the Tournament•

Start from the beginning

He chuckled and began stacking his books up. "Is that the only reason you came? So, you can learn about my love-life?"

"No! Of course not, I'm your best friend...so yes I want to know. Tell me now."

"Well, you know that her name is Cho. She's super smart." He put his arm in the air and let the book fly up to where it's meant to be. "She's also just absolutely gorgeous, and her smile! Merlin, what I would give to make me be the one to make her smile like that." Cedric gave a dreamy look and began to lead them both out of the library.

"If I didn't know any better, I say that's more than a crush. How long have you liked her, Ced?" Noemi nudged him. "About a year now. I noticed how pretty she was about two years ago though." Cedric admitted. "It's my new life goal to get you two together!" Noemi put her right hand into a fist and hit in onto her left hand.

Monday came by, which meant that the first task was only mere days away. It was on the twenty-fourth, and people were getting excited unlike the champions; who were getting more nervous by the minute.

Noemi and Ritisha were on their way back from Defense Against the Dark Arts when for some odd reason, Cedric came slightly jogging at them. He had a grin on his face that told the girls that something happened. Diggory got to them and stopped in a huff.

"I-I know the first task."

"You what?!" Noemi almost dropped her books in surprise. "But- but you said just last night that you figured it out!"

"You kept asking if I did- and I wanted you to not be so worried, so I just told you I did." He shrugged and looked out a window. Noemi followed his gaze, and so did Ritisha.

"So, what is it then?" The Gryffindor questioned.

Cedric raised his eyebrow and grinned broadly. "You'll just have to wait and see, won't you?"

"PLACE YOUR BETS HERE! DIGGORY OR POTTER!" Called Fred over the large crowd that was getting onto the stands. "WHICH ONE WILL WIN?" Screamed George, he held out a box and began to shake it. Sam walked to them and put a Sickle into the box. "Here's for Diggory." She said with a grin.

The B.B took seats on the second row where they had practically a perfect view of the task. A large terrain that was filled with rocks and sand, in the center was a single golden egg. The sun shone brightly to their right as some students put their hand over their forehead to block it out. The weather was freezing, so all, if not most, students were all bundled up and wore gloves, jumpers, beanies, and of the sort.

Noemi began twiddling with her thumb with nervousness awaiting for when her friend came. "I hope Cedric doesn't die or anything, I mean I put in a Sickle. Granted, Sickle isn't that much, but hey! Gold is gold!" Sam looked around at the cheering crowd. "I can't believe you are actually betting! Cedric is probably sick to his stomach in there, and you are out here placing gold on which Hogwarts student would win." Noemi snapped. "Okay, maybe I can be a little insensitive."

Suddenly Mr. Bagman walked out onto the stands that was full of the teachers and judges, and he put his wand to his throat. "Looks like Bagman's going to make an announcement." Called Jada.

"Welcome to the first task of the 1994-1995 Triwizard Tournament!" He said, the crowd cheered and clapped loudly. "Our four champions are in their tent at the moment getting ready! Their goal is to catch that golden egg," Everyone looked at the egg which stood in the center of the field. "but the complication that is of- a dragon..."