20. Fresh Start

Levi's POV:

It has been almost a month since Y/N and Historia's coronation- since I confessed my feelings. I cringe every time I look back at it. Feelings and emotions were never for me, but I have to get used to it now. I let Y/N see a vulnerable side of me. I tilt my head to the side, watching her sleep so peacefully. If I woke her up, I would be asking for a death wish and she gets cranky for the whole day. We haven't done anything further than kissing or cuddling and falling asleep in each other's arms. I would sometimes sleepover at the palace with her and wake up seeing her beautiful face. She's the only thing that keeps me asleep for once.

I carefully brush the hair strands covering her face and caress her cheeks. She groans as she changed her sleeping position closer to me. "N-No... Sasha share the meat with me," she quietly said. I held back from laughter. Y/N always talks in her sleep.

After my morning routine, I start putting on my clothes.

"Where you going?"

I look back at a half-asleep Y/N, trying to sit up with her eyes barely open. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," I apologized. She chuckles and strokes through her tangled hair. "No, it's about time I wake up anyways."

"I'm heading to check up on Historia's farm and see how the rest of the brats are doing with helping her," I said as I put on my tank top. "Wait stop," she quickly walked up to me in her pj's. I furrowed my brows at her. "What is it?"

"I liked you better shirtless," she smiles as she places her arms around my neck.

I roll my eyes, placing my hands on her waist. "Quit being dirty-minded. You know how much I hate dirt," I tease. She rolls her eyes to the side, "You're annoying."

I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead. "You should come with me. Your friends probably missed you." She nods, "I was heading to check up on Historia anyways. I'll come."

"Great, now go get ready and I'll be out waiting for you."

****

Y/N's POV:

Levi and I arrived on our horses with our cloaks on. His was a deep brown shade and mine was a white one. I saw Historia running around, chasing the orphans and scolding them. I chuckle to myself at the sight of seeing her being so motherly.

"Don't you run from me! Listen when I'm talking to you!" she scolds at the two kids.

"Y/N, you're here!" Jean dropped the tree trunks in his arms and run towards me. "Oh... and you're here with the captain."

"Is that a problem?" Levi asked, getting down. I hopped off my horse and stared at the both of them. Oh, this is going to get awkward. I looped my arm through Jean's and pressing close. "So catch me up on what's been happening," I said as we walked further from that tension. I glance back at Levi who was already busy scolding some of the scouts. "Well nothing much except for Historia's constant berating us and the orphans," he said. I let out a small laugh, "Of course, I'm not surprised."

Arm in arm, we continued on, taking in every fresh air of pinecones and hazelnut from the farm. "So what's the deal between you and cap?" he asked so suddenly. My neck went stiff for a second. "Uh- nothing, why?"

"Oh come on, everyone notices it. And he's been a bit different now. Still cold-hearted but showing a different type of aura. Plus, you guys have been sticking like glue for the past month."

Hearing all this made me realize that we weren't as secretive as we thought we were. I wanted to keep me and Levi on the down-low. I look up and see Mikasa and Hana waving at me, making their way towards me. "Hana! Mikasa!" I exclaim, secretly thankful that I can change the subject.