8. Everything Comes to Light

Hey Readers!

I know I said I would update every two days with 3-4 chapters, but that got a bit stressful, so I might be just updating every day from now on depending on my schedule! But I hope y'all enjoy this chapter :)

Also, everyone's comments on the picture of YOUR brother, Roman, had me DEAD. You guys out here trying to go to Alabama LOL. I had a feeling there would be some Roman simps ;)

Little Note: e/c = eye color 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roman nodded at Levi's request and patted my leg. He took a glance at Levi and left the room. Levi came in and stared down at the wooden floors. Neither of us moved a muscle. There was silence. The only sound was my heart beating rapidly as I wonder why he is there. "So why are you-"

"There's something you need to know about Krista," he interrupted. That was the first thing he said to me. Not even asking about my well-being. I sat a bit higher than before. "I keep hearing about her. What is it?" I asked. He quietly sighed. "From our failed attempt to interrogate Nick, the priest, the only thing revealed to us is that you and Krista were always closely monitored by the officials from the Church of the Walls and the government."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing at this moment. My jaw slightly dropped. "We spoke with Krista, who is actually Historia from the Reiss royal family, and told her about the information we knew. Our theory is, you and Historia are somehow connected to each other, maybe even related," he said and leaned against the wall. I slightly shook my head in disbelief. "I-I mean I was recently aware of being adopted since Roman and Ymir basically confirmed that a man named Rod Reiss dropped me off to my doorstep but I-" 

"Rod Reiss you say?" he interrupted me again. I rolled my eyes at his constant interruptions, but I nodded. "The priest did mention the last two members of the royal family remaining," he stroked his chin. My stomach flipped and I felt like throwing up from everything that has happened in the span of a week. I looked down at my hands and noticed they were a tad paler than before. "This confirms almost everything, Y/N," Levi said, straightening himself up. "Confirms what?" I wondered. 

"You have royal blood in you." 

****

After the whole conversation with Levi, I was still trying to process the fresh information in my brain. Royal blood in me? That doesn't make any sense. Does that mean Rod Reiss is my father? Uncle? I sighed from exhaustion. I slowly walked to the dining hall and smelled the wonderful aroma of food. I forgot how hungry I was considering that I haven't eaten for almost a day. I speed-walked to get a plate. Everyone stopped chattering and stared at me. 

"What are you scumbags staring at? Go back to eating!" Eren yelled. I smiled, thanking him silently. Attention from others was the last thing I needed. "Come Y/N, sit with us," Mikasa said, touching my arm gently. 

I sat down at a table with the golden trio, Jean, Connie, and Sasha. There was no sign of Historia or Ymir. Last I heard was that Historia is asleep from exhaustion and Ymir is injured. "Are you okay, Y/N?!" Jean said. "I'm okay, don't worry about it, handsome," I chuckled. Sasha was stuffing her face with mashed potatoes and looked at me with chipmunk filled cheeks. "O-Ooo, Y/N!" was all she could say. I laughed, admiring her determination to still speak through all that food. I took a bite of my food, even though it was stale, I missed the taste of military food. "What happened if you don't mind me asking, Y/N?" Armin said. Mikasa budged his arm with her elbow. "Armin, let her eat, it's ru-"

"No, it's okay. It was going to come out sooner or later anyway. I suppose I'll let you all in on the tea" I smiled, and started off with baby Y/N being dropped off on my parent's doorsteps. 

****

After eating, I decided to go to Erwin's office. I took multiple breaths in and out before knocking on his door. "You can come in," called the commander with a gentle yet stern tone. I came in and couldn't believe what I saw. Levi and Erwin, all up on each other. I was just kidding, didn't mean to scare you... unless?

Moving on, I went in the door and saw Erwin looking over papers with a cup of whiskey near him. He glanced up to see who it was. "Y/N, good to see you up and walking."

I nodded. "I'm glad to be alive, sir, thank you for sending everyone out to help us," I said and closed the door. "Being a soldier means sacrifices, but it also means no man left behind," he stated. I believed the first part of that sentence, but the last part was hypocritical since Erwin also leaves men behind if he needs to for humanity. I plastered on a fake smile. "Of course, sir."

"What brings you in here?" he asked as he flipped through some pages. "I'm sure you're aware of the recent events and secrets being revealed...." I started. Erwin looked up into my eyes. "I have a feeling you're scheming a plan as of now or at least planning soon, and I want to help you on it," I confidently said. "I'm glad you have the courage to help, but Y/N, I guarantee you that-"

"And I guarantee you that you won't regret adding me in this new plan, especially since I know it has to do with me and Historia's blood," I cut him off. He looked down with furrowed brows, contemplating. I went over to his desk and swapped off some papers, sitting on top of the surface... really close to him. The commander instantly looked up into my e/c eyes. "You've been working so hard, Erwin," I went closer to him. "I think it's about time you needed a small break to let me handle things for you," I smirked as I traced my eyes down his lips. His eyes went down to my lips as well but quickly looked back up to my eyes. He seemed surprised by my boldness.

He laughed, though not entirely with amusement. "Y/N, look you're a beautiful and intelligent girl, but I promise that we will call you when we need your input," Erwin said and got up, leaving me in my same position. I got off the desk and nodded. "I understand."

"Levi, you can come in now," Erwin said, and my heart dropped. Does that mean that he was there listening to that entire conversation? My cheeks were flushed with warmth. I curled my hands into a fist, poking my palms with my fingernails. Levi came in and avoided eye contact with me. I looked at him agitated. "So you needed me to help with planning?" he asked with a small smirk to the side. Oh, he knows what he's doing. 

My jaw dropped. This had to be one of his tactics to beat me in becoming commander. I just knew it. Frustrated and embarrassed, I left the room.