Chapter 5

All of us head out to the mall in the black SUV. Noah and Jules are sitting in the front, talking about whatever. I'm stuck in the backseat and Carlos just had to make sure that he was seated next to me. Madi is staring out the window in her own world. 

Chase wasn't allowed to come because Carlos said he was just going to bring the mood down. Whatever that means so he's stuck at home.

Carlos is sitting a little too close to me for my liking. I scootch a bit more to the window but he only follows. I turn to face him and give him a glare which he only grins too. I huff and face back out the window.

I'd rather look at that view than whatever is sitting next to me.

"Are we almost there yet?" Madi asks out of the blue.

"Almost," Noah replies.

Soon we reach a huge building that stretches for more than about 2.5 million square feet. Noah parks the SUV in a parking lot and we head out. I didn't notice that Carlos had brought extra men with us. I wonder why.

"Uh, why are they here?" I ask him.

"No reason. Just pretend they aren't here," Carlos says and grabbing my hand.

"I can't just pretend there aren't men in suits following us," I whisper yell to him.

"Ooooh let's go to Hollister, they have the best clothing," Jules says jumping up and down.

"No way. American Eagle is so much better." Madi argues back. The two just kept bickering while I wander off to another random clothing shop.

No this place is my store. I always come here to buy my clothes anyway.

I am about to enter the store when a hand stops me. I turn around and Carlos is there standing and holding my arm tight while listening to the extra men. He drags me away from the store and to the others.

"Nice try sneaking off," Carlos whispers to me with a smirk on his face. I yank my arm away from him in annoyance.

"I was not," I argue back.

We spent about 2 hours shopping. Jules and Madi both have their hands full with shopping bags. I can't say I'm surprised when we totally skipped lunch. I didn't get much of anything since I already just bought a few clothes a while ago.

We head back home for what felt like ages at the mall. Jules and madi slump on the couch, showing Chase what they got. Poor Chase, he looks so out of it I almost want to laugh.

I take a seat on the stool and feel a presence beside me. I turn to see Carlos looking at them as well.

"Thanks for today," I tell Carlos.

"Like I said amore, you don't have to thank me," Carlos replies.

"I think we should be heading home now girls," I tell Jules and Madi who seems to have passed out from exhaustion. "Never mind," I say looking at the two sleeping girls.

Noah and Flynn (another guard I've learned the name of) carry both the girls into their guest room to sleep. Leaving me alone with Carlos.

"So. When do I start the job?" I ask Carlos taking a seat on the couch not that the girls have gone upstairs.

I feel the couch dip beside me and see Carlos sitting next to me. Leaving a fair amount of space between us.

"You can start tomorrow." He replies looking at me.

"Okay," I say. Then it's back to the awkward silence. 

"You can stay the night again. If you would like I mean." Carlos suddenly suggests.

"Oh. Thanks but I think we should really get back home. You know we have rents to pay." I say nervously. Is he offering me to stay another night with him? Wait, if I slept in his room does that mean we slept in the same bed together? 

"Okay, but the girls might be passed out for another hour or so. And it's getting pretty late." Carlos tries to convince me to stay. It's around 5 in the afternoon. I guess one more night wouldn't hurt.

"Fine, one more night then we better head off," I say finally. "And, I want to sleep in a guest room," I add

I can see the corners of his lips curve upward into a smile. He really wants me to stay that bad huh? "Fine, you can stay in a guest room,"

Then his phone starts to ring. 

"che cos'è" (what is it). His sudden change of tone surprises me. 

He goes silent for a moment.

"Sto arrivando, see il lavoro non è finito, qualcuno lo farà." (I'm on my way, if the job isn't done then, someone's going to get it.)

"I have to go, make yourself at home," Carlos says urgently and leaves the room.

Then Noah and Flynn come out and all three of them head out of the door to do whatever business calls them to. I really wonder what Carlos does for a living. Maybe I should ask him.

After he leaves I try to make myself at home. There is a flat-screen TV right in front of me. So I go on Netflix to try and find something to watch. There aren't really many shows to watch since I have already seen most of them. 

I soon become hungry and look for something to eat in the pantry. I grab a fruit bowl and click on a random movie to watch. 

I am halfway through the movie when it gets boring. I grab a blanket and curl myself in a ball. Then I fall asleep too tired to head upstairs into Carlos' bedroom.

------------

Here's chapter 5! Any thoughts so far? I hope ya'll are enjoying it! :)