"Then..what should I call you?", she asked me back.

I thought about it for a moment.

"Call me Jimin only, okay?", I showed an 'okay' sign with my hand to her.

She looked at me quietly with no response.

"Chaeyoung? My father is waiting and he will wonder what's stalling you here, Chae.", I said to get her to respond something to me back.

"Oh, I'm...sorry. Okay, I'll call you Jim...Jimin. C..can I...go now?", she replied.

I nodded and let her go before I go to get a drink from the fridge.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I took a breath before I left the kitchen and looked at the laptop screen where my father-in-law's face is seen on. A nervous smile formed on my face as I headed to the living room and sat down on the floor to communicate with him. I carefully levelled my head with the laptop screen before I waved my hand at him.

"Annyeong, father.", I greeted him first.

"Annyeong, Chaeyoung. How are you?", he asked me.

I smiled at him, "I'm good, father. How about you?"

He nodded and said the same about himself.

"Where's Jimin? He left you alone?", he asked me.

"Oh, he..."

"I'm here, father! Just went to drink some water. Hey, babe..", Jimin suddenly appeared behind me and sat on the sofa with his knee stayed close to my shoulder.

His father chuckled before greeting his son like they were not just in a meeting earlier. I felt a bit awkward with the position I am in as Jimin moved his head forward close to mine when his father asked us to be closer to each other. He even went down and sat beside me like we have been close for a long time.

"Babe, father asked you something..", his tap on my shoulder startled me from my thoughts.

That was another thing that made me feel awkward right now. He called me 'babe' like he had used to call me that way before. What happened to him actually?

"Chaeyoung, baby...", he shook me again as his father waited with a smile on the screen.

"O-oh...umm...yes, father. What was it? I'm sorry I didn't hear you.", I finally spoke up to the older man on the screen.

"I asked you..How's living there with Jimin? Everything's good? Did he take care of you well?", he asked me.

I nodded and smiled a little, "Yeah, father. Everything's good. Nothing much changed. I still can go to work as usual and Jimin takes care of me well. He...send me to work and fetch me sometimes."

I felt a pair of eyes staring at me as I speak to him. The weird feeling of being watched like that made me lie to him. Jimin doesn't care about me at all, father. I wish I could say that truth to his father.

"I'm glad to hear that. I've been a bit worried, you know? I'm thinking about you two always. How you two are doing? Are you both getting along well and all? You know..that sort of worries...", he replied to me.

Jimin who is beside me, chuckled to his father and asked him to not worry about us. We talked for some time before his father excused himself first. When the video call disconnected and he is no longer seen on the screen, Jimin sighed in relief before he went back to sit on the sofa leaving me on the floor.

"Hey, Chaeyoung. We should practice more after this.", he suddenly said as I stood up to leave him.

"Practice? For what?", I asked him.

He stood up too and moved his head close to the side of my head.

"Act as a perfect couple.", he whispered.

I automatically stepped back and looked at his face, "Act?"

"Well, you heard my father. He was worried about us. He was worried if our marriage won't work.", he replied.

"Yeah...but that doesn't mean we have to act...in front of him?", I told him as I did not want to be acting with our parents.

He shook his head as he loosened his tie, "Then, what are you suggesting? What should we do?"

I looked away from his serious face as I think of something to say.

"Chaeyoung, what should we do?", he seemed impatient as he asked me not even a minute I was given to think.

"Can't we try to make this work?", my mouth said that to him.

His eyes gave me a shocked look. He stepped forward while taking his tucked in shirt out as he stared into my eyes. I kept stepping back until my feet touched the end of the sofa behind me.

"And how do we make it work? Acting, right?", he asked me again.

"What if...we...we..try to...learn to love?", I responded to him while looking into his eyes with pity.

🥀🥀🥀

*I'll see you next time with more updates 😊...by the way, remember to always...👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

Stay safe
Stay home (unless you have to go somewhere and can't avoid it)
Wear face mask
Sanitize when necessary
Take care of yourself