"Fine, Fred and I have been sleeping together since the Yule Ball but it's a secret so no one can know but it's the most amazing sex I've had in my entire life" Madeleine whispered rapidly.

"It was bound to happen some way or another" he chuckled.

"Meaning?"

"You two are best friends and spend way too much time together, it would eventually lead onto that" he shrugged.

"I know, I know but it's nothing like that. We're just fuck buddies that's it" she explained but he didn't believe her.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Mads and yes I promise I won't tell anyone. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to hang out with Cho, we should do this again sometime" Cedric grinned and left Maddie completely confused about what just happened.

After trying to focus for another hour and failing to do so, she decided to go for a stroll around the school.

*****

I bumped into Hermione and Harry who were talking hurriedly and Hermione seemed visibly annoyed.

"Hey what's going on? You seem upset 'Mione"

"Well Maddie, I am upset-" she began but Harry interrupted her.

"Hermione shut up and don't say anything else" he said through gritted teeth.

I stared at him and as he basically threw himself under the bus. "Go on Hermione, tell me what's going on".

"Hermione don't" he said sternly.

"Harry you know that I could easily get into her brain and get what I want, I will let her tell me by her own free will so by all means carry on" I faced the girl.

"Harry hasn't figured out the clue yet and the task is in two days"

"You told me you had figured out the egg weeks ago that was why I wasn't worried about it this time, IT'S TWO DAYS FROM NOW" I said angrily.

"Well you believed me of course I hadn't figured it out, I'm a terrible liar and you still believed me so technically it's your fault for believing me" he tried saying but it was no use. I was already fuming.

"You have no idea how bad I want to beat your ass right now Harry Potter"

"I'm sorry alright but I need your help to figure this out if I'm gonna survive this" he sighed.

"You will be the death of me on day Potter" I rubbed my temples.

"Potter!" Cedric yelled catching our attention. He jogged to where we were standing and gave me a sweet smile before turning to Harry. "How are you?" he asked the black haired boy.

"Spectacular" Harry answered sarcastically and rolled his eyes, earning a hard nudge from me.

"Look I realized I never thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons,"

"Forget about it, I'm sure you would've done the same for me"

"Exactly, you know the Prefects' bathroom on the fifth floor?" Ced asked him lowly and Harry nodded. "It's not a bad place for a bath, just take your egg and mull things over in the hot water. The password is Pine fresh by the way" he smiled and left.

"See, being nice has its perks" I grinned.

"Madeleine what he said made no sense, he might as well never have said anything at all" he snapped.

"Stop whining you big baby, it's sothimething to start on and if I recall correctly you don't even have a clue on how to start, so get your ass to the prefects bathroom and take a bath or I will force you to take one. Understood" I said sternly and he reluctantly nodded, going away to follow my orders leaving me and Hermione to walk alone.