Chapter Three

Brett couldn't believe his eyes. Eddy was there? How could that be? He left so rudely and so abruptly, and Eddy usually knows that he wants to be left alone more often than not in times like this. What Brett didn't think about is that Eddy knew something was more wrong with Brett than usual; it took a lot for Brett to throw up like that, and on top of it, to deny friendly touches from Eddy, which he received all the time.

"Hey bro, I was on my way to your house to check up on you when your mom called me and given that I was already on my way because I was worried, it was even more worrying to get a call from your mom," Eddy explained as he sits down on the ground in front of Brett, who was sitting on his bed. "Is there anything you need to tell me, or anything at all that I can help you with? I'm always here for you, no matter what, remember that."

Brett considers what to say. There was absolutely no way that he could tell Eddy how he was feeling because he knew that Eddy was smart enough that he could put two and two together, and figure out that it was him that Brett liked in the first place. Instead, he decided to go the route of asking Eddy questions, trying to shape the conversation around what Eddy thought so that he wouldn't suspect anything.

"I don't really want to talk about it," Brett begins, transitioning into the fated question that would bring all of his questions to a close so that he could go on living, whether he would have to get over Eddy or not. "What I really want to talk about is how much you like Toni! Oh my god, you guys were literally so obvious. It was so sickeningly cute that that may have been the reason that I threw up!" Brett joked, while his insides were churning in anticipation of the answer.

Eddy blushed. Never a good sign if you're rooting again the person they're blushing about. "Do you really think we were that obvious?" Oh, no. "I don't know, I was going to ask you about this, actually. She asked me to the dance on Friday..." Brett remembers that they had all agree to go together, and agreed to not ask anyone else. It was sort of a grey area on whether or not they could ask each other.

Brett replies, "And? Do you like her? If you do, I would say go for it, man. She's definitely your type; you guys practically described each other tonight when we were talking about our 'dream partner.'" Eddy blushed again. Gosh, darn that stupid perfect Asian girl. If only Eddy knew how much Brett wanted to be Eddy's type; if only Eddy would've asked him to the dance. If only a lot of things...

"Ok, if you say so." Eddy says in response as Brett's mind screams 'NO, NO, NO!'  "I'll say yes tomorrow. I'm here for you tonight though, bro. Let's chill out and play some video games to help you forget about whatever's on your mind." Brett was thankful for this; he definitely needed a distraction from the breaking heart in his ribcage, the tears threatening to show, the need to let all of his emotions out.

Brett slid the disc in for Mario Kart Wii and handed Eddy controller two. They played for a while, pretty evenly balanced in terms of wins and loses, and having a lot more fun than Brett was before. This game was great for distraction because all you could think about was racing and winning, and thinking about other things was not an option.

They just finished the game with Brett on top. He shouts in victory, dancing around the room as Eddy watches, laughing, and claiming that he'll get him next time. After a few moments of victorious prancing, Eddy glanced at the clock, realizing it was a school night and it was already midnight. They should definitely get to sleep. Eddy pulled out the trundle and a blanket, setting up while Brett took his usual nightly shower letting his thoughts consume him.

'What could Brett have been so worried about that he can't even talk to me about it,'  he thought. 'And was Toni related to it in any way? I couldn't really read his face, he did the thing where there was no expression, and I couldn't tell if he was happy or not for me. Should I really go to the dance with Toni on Friday? If it makes Brett feel bad, I definitely shouldn't, no cuts, no buts, no coconuts.'

Brett opening the bathroom door pulled him out of his thoughts, and he brought his eyes up to Brett's who were sort of freaked out. Brett was expecting Eddy to be in the bathroom downstairs, and only a towel to adorn his body with, as he was expecting to be alone. Eddy slowly ran his eyes over Brett's body, imperceptibly blushing, and turns away, respecting the other's privacy.

"I'm just going to go to the bathroom now, see you in a couple of minutes!" Eddy quipped. "Better be dressed by then," he added as a joke, although it came out slightly more choked than he would have liked. A very awkward situation they found themselves in, indeed. He hurried away, closing the door behind him and slightly laughing as he leaned his back against the door, putting his hand against his forehead. 'How funny, I don't think I've ever seen without clothes on,'  Eddy thought, perceiving the situation as solely awkward. No other emotions there. Right?

TBCCCC!