You Will Never Know(Stan)

Shot #2: It's his longtime girlfriend's Sweet 16 tonight and he's getting ready, but an unexpected trip back from the floral shop in Denver results in Stan staying in and questioning his worth.

Warning: Subtle mention of sexual assault. I tried to be as implicit on the topic as I could, but it is still mentioned so please be wary.

"I'll see you tonight at six, Stan!"

I hung up the phone, a smile creeping on my face. Sure, I could be at home, watching Terrance and Philip reruns on the Canadian channel all night long, but I'd rather spend time with my girlfriend at her Sweet 16. If anything, I'm sure she'd also rather hang out somewhere else besides that hall. Lately she has been very detached, and I know it's because of her mom's intense planning that's got her down. Her mom claims she's doing it for Wendy, but I haven't seen her name anywhere on those invitations. Wendy loves her mom, of course, so she has made up her mind and is set on keeping as much of a smile on her face as possible.

I'm planning a big surprise for her, though. God, she's going to love it; I got her a bouquet of roses, as well as a pair of earrings that she could wear tonight. Cartman said I was a loser and 'gay' for trying to buy her all these nice things, but he would never understand the hundreds of butterflies that float around in my stomach when I even hear her name, or the sounds of her sweet voice. I'm so in love with her, and she'll never understand how much she truly means to me; no one will.

As much as I can explain how happy she makes me, I'd much rather buy the flowers and get ready at home. It was probably a stupid idea to put on my tux this early despite being out still buying the gifts, but at least if I stay out too late, I'll have the outfit ready, right? It doesn't take too long to get out of Denver and back to South Park, but I'll have to take some precautions. Although I'm really enjoying an afternoon out in the city- sort of.

Anyhow, I should probably head back to the car. I left it parking out by the alley, and I got the roses, so I might as well head back to South Park. Just as I take out my keys to open up, I see a couple of teenage boys(or older) fiddling around with the locks on the car handles. "Hey- hey, what the hell's going on here? Get away from my car!"

The three boys step away from the car- but they start making their way towards me, cornering me towards the alley wall with the objects used to pick my lock. "Hey, get away from me..." I bring the bouquet of roses to my chest, clutching them as tightly as possible before they suddenly grab it and throw it to the ground. One of the guys rapidly brings his foot in contact with the bouquet, causing them to crush and for some petals to fly off. "Hey, what the fuck did you do?!" Rather than respond, the guy grabs me by the arm and throws me to the ground, causing Wendy's new earrings to fall out my jacket pocket. "Help!"

-

"Hey! What are you doing?! Get away from the boy, punks!"

What felt like hours later is when I open my eyes after attempting to zone out. After I hear the scurry of shoes, I see a pair of tennis shoes and the bottom of a cane inches from my face. "Wha-"

"Are you conscious, son?" The figure asks, bending over slowly to lightly shake my shoulder. "I think I need to bring you to a hospital."

When I hear his request, I think of the events of the past fifteen minutes that eventually led to my position on the ground. Then I remember why I was here in the first place. "N-no. I- no. I have to get to her party. No, no." I look to my right when I remember the bouquet of roses and notice them squished and destroyed. "The roses! My roses!"

"Your roses?" The man asks, looking down. "Son, I really should get you to a hospital. You could be bleeding and not-"

"My earrings!" I quickly sit up and pat my pockets for the the diamond earrings I was going to gift her tonight. Standing up, I search around the premises, only to come up hopelessly empty. "Oh, God, her earrings. She's going to hate me, she's going to hate me. Oh, God."