White feather

AKA

    The first sign of shattering the illusion

                        Author pov

They were staring and Skull felt nervous.

They wouldn't stare if it weren't for a good reason, usually like some rage they had or something along the lines but he had felt no malice, no anger from his fellow elements, and it unnerved him. Did he forget to put on his make-up? No, he was pretty sure he had put it on after Guppy reminded him. Was his potion wearing off? No, not that either, he had made sure to take it a few days ago, the potion shouldn't be wearing off that quickly! Did he had something on his face? No, if he did Reborn or Colonello would comment on it, and by comment he meant insult.

Dammit! What was causing them to stare at him?!

He blinked before reaching into his purple hair, from following their stares he had finally figured out that something was in his hair, he grabbed something and brought it to his face. He paled slightly, in his hand was a beautiful, familiar white feather, a feather that should not be in his hair "O-Oh! Um... Ahahaha~! This must be from that birdy I crashed into while coming here, hahaha?" he laughed making the others snort and look away.

He silently sighed in relief and mentally noted himself not to forget on clearing his hair for any white feathers a certain family of birds liked to leave before coming to meet with his fellow ex-arcobaleno (They really owe it to Tsunayoshi for this, but unfortunately they hadn't regained their adult forms yet, so now their forms were now the age of children. Luckily they were growing fast). He turned away, keeping the white feather gently as he could, not noticing the curious looks of his other ex-arcobaleno when they turned back to look at him.

Yuni sighed as she looked at her Cloud, even after all these years he would not dare reveal his past, granted the others wouldn't as well but it still saddened her to see him like this. He was after all the youngest of the group and his life was hard before this-never mind the fact it was still hard, possibly harder, but was still better-. She smiled a thought after as she looked over a vision, it was her Cloud crying happily into the arms of her other elements, she couldn't wait until it would happen.

--------------------------------------------------

"Guppy!"

"Yes, milord Skullzes?"

"Guppy, you're speech is perfect, why do you keep saying my name wrong?!"

"Because milord, it is fun to see you so flustered~"

"... shut up"

"As you say my lord"

Skull rolled his eyes at his house-elf before heading to his bedroom, launching himself into his safe haven and sighed at the comfy feeling he got from his beloved bed. The now ex-arcobaleno all lived in the same house, but today was one of those days he could go home without worrying about the others following him, which he doubted would happen but it was good to be paranoid 'Constant Vigilance' as a certain someone would say.

Feeling his head getting heavier he huffed "Helena! Hermes!" he whined as he sat up, the weight on his head shifting like a pro to stay on his head. Two beautiful snowy owls were on his head, not as big as Hedwig was but they were still growing, speaking of Hedwig...

Skull smiled at the very old owl, stationed near his bed, it was a miracle for her to be this old for her species, however Harry suspected it was his magic at work "Hey girl, how are you doing?" he whispered softly, stroking her old withering feathers gently, it didn't matter that Hedwig was old and any normal person would be disgusted at her form, to him she was still his first beautiful friend he had.

Hedwig chirped weakly, nuzzling softly against his palm, Harry felt Oodako cling to his waist, dear Oodako another dear friend of his. Helena and Hermes flew off his head and joined their great-grandmother on her perch, nuzzling her softly. Oodako crawled along Harry's arm to meet Hedwig and her grand-owl-children, waving his tentacles merrily, surprisingly enough Hedwig, her family and Oodako got along very well.

Harry smiled sadly, Hedwig was due any day now, she was very old and very tired as he saw. She's lived with him through thick and thin, when he ran from Britain for their lies and problems to him getting sucked into the mafia and turning into an infant, she stayed like the loyal owl she always was. Harry perked at the sound of other wings flapping through his window, more owls came in, most of them white snowy owls, Hedwig's family.

Hedwig had mated with another snowy owl he had found while traveling, Harry had named him Sirius, in honor of his fallen dogfather, but alas, that Sirius died, taking a bullet for him when he was first sucked into the mafia, leaving Hedwig with her clutch of eggs. Harry and his house-elves proudly named each and every owl that had been in the clutch and watched them hatch, took care of them and watched them leave, coming back for whatever reason with mates and had their own clutches.

His manor housed many, many owls of what seemed to be every owl species there was though most kept the signature white feathers, others lost them but it didn't matter. In fact, an entire wing and team of house-elves were dedicated to the owls.

Skull sighed contently, leaning into his bed, he had better go to sleep, it was rare for him to sleep in his own bed in the manor so he would do so everytime he had the chance.

Harry James Potter/Skull deMort, slept with a smile, surrounded by what he considered family.

--------------------------------------------------

Old twinkling eyes looked over the old dusty tombs, a determined look in the eyes.

"I'm sorry my boy, but it is for the Greater Good. We need you"

There! I'm done! And it's only going to be the first thing of this! I'll update when I can, hope you enjoyed it. If not, meh I don't care, just wanted to post this since it flittered in my head and was so damn annoying, see you later!

Nem takes a sandwich and a cup of coffee, leaving through the front door with both items, she was off to work. Nemo was nowhere to be found.