Chapter 10

WARNING: This chapter shows very graphic child abuse. I will post a warning when it starts, and when it stops for those who want it skip it.

XXxxxxXX Child abuse warning start here XXXxX

The ice cold water came down across her back, and the bundle of branches soon followed. The gravel dug into her palms and knees, piercing her just enough to welt, but also dull enough not to break the skin. The branches came down on her back again, and again.

If she made a sound, the beating would go longer.

A ninja did not show they were in pain.

She could feel her fathers cold eyes watching. The servant once again tossed cold water against her, then another servant brought down the branches.

Soon. She could endure. Soon he would be satisfied.

The ice of the water made her skin sensitive, and the pain of the branches worst. Her arms wobbled, making her eyes widen. She was almost at her limit! No, no, the fear gripped her stomach, making her tense as the lash went across her bare back. She had to continue! She couldn't let herself collapse. She blinked back the prickly tears of fear. If she collapsed, she would be taken for a worst punishment. She did not want to go there again. No... Not again. She focused on the gravel digging into her, hoping it would keep her focus away from her weakening arms and legs.

"Yeild." Her fathers voice held no emotion, yet she could feel the servants relief. They also must have been tired. They had been birching her since sundown. She stayed hunched over, waiting for permission to move. "Sit." She kneeled back to sit formally, making no facial expression as her front was exposed to the servants before her. The gravel dug deeper into her shins, and this time she was grateful for it.

It would keep her wits.

The servants averted their eyes, but could not give her the dignity to avert their heads without permission from her father.

She was simply glad they were kind enough to not look upon her.

"You will not miss school again." It was an order, not a request.

"Yes, Father." She was still as possible, her hands gripping the cloth of her pants.

She couldn't... She couldn't shy away or else he would punish her again. He was hardly tolerant of her most days when he was in a good mood, let alone a day like today.

Today she had to be perfect.

Just a little longer. Cold eyes stared into hers. They did not waver, they did not feel.

Fear twisted her stomach, but she did her best to quell it.

"You may leave." She was up right after the words left his mouth. She bowed, and did her best straight backed walk.

XxxXXxx Child abuse warning end, still graphic warning XXXxX

Soon she entered the doors, and her escape was made. Her shoulders shook, and tears made their way down her cheeks. Neji was there, and she felt warmth as he wrapped a long robe around her, the fabric obviously thought out as it did not catch the open wounds. Her sister was also there, holding a warm blanket and a medical supply kit. The blanket was wrapped around her, and she let them lead her to her room.

Her sister sat her on the bed, and they were all quiet as they exchanged a look.

They were not close, but they all knew they needed each other.

Her cousin ghosted to the door, glancing at them once before turning again.

He would stand watch tonight, for her. No words were spoken, but she knew.

Whenever she was beaten, he would sit by her door until she emerged the next day. He would then leave, not one word spoken between them. Him sitting at the door was his way of showing his affection, which was more then she could ever ask for.

They were all filled with fear, and that fear made it hard for them to open up to the other. They all knew they were not allowed to get attached, nor were they allowed to mingle outside of supervised breakfast time. They were not allowed to openly show affection, not in the paper walls of the Hyuga District.

However, the servants were kind enough not to speak of them meeting when one had been punished. It was dangerous for the servants, yet they still took the kindness. It was their only grace given, and it was meant more them then they could know.

Her sister made quick work, cleaning and bandaging her.

She was so proud of her. Yet, her throat was raw and she was unable to bring words forth.

Silver eyes met hers, they were full of worry and fear, making her chest ache. She could protect her sister from most punishment, and most of the hate, yet she could not shield her completely. It hurt. She wanted to help ease the fear... But how?

Sasuke.

She wrapped her arms around her sister, hugging her as Sasuke had done. Her sister coiled, her breath hitching, probably unsure as she had been. Hugging was not something done by Hyuga. Her sister was still, but soon began to cry. Arms wrapped around her, clinging. She hugged her sister tighter.

Hugs... Were nice.

She could not thank Sasuke enough for showing her this gift.

The two sisters hugged for the first time in their lives.

xXXxXXXXXXx

AN: So from this point, probably gonna be a bit more drabbles like. I am sorry for the harsh content. I am afraid there will be more. I have something big planned for this later.