Halfway across the world

Start from the beginning

Sams fingernails weren't his key thought pattern as his mom said that, the gears in his brain weren't working as she said that..

Could he be?

"I've gotta go, the planes taking off."

"Don't do anything stupid Sam."

He hung up as it started to go backwards, he was starting to regret his choice. Putting his phone on airplane mode, he closed his eyes and thought about what she said.

There is no way in hell that he was in love with Colby, he's just flying halfway across the world because he misses him and he's not answering his calls, not because he wants to see him or touch him again or..

Fuck.

***********

Stepping off the plane, he took his phone back off airplane mode and grabbed his luggage. Running a hand through his hair, he sniffed as the cold air felt like it was slicing his face open.

Calling a taxi, he told him the address and looked down at his phone. There was three missed calls, two from his sister and one from Colby, he left a message, so obviously Sam listened to it.

"Hey dude, I'm sorry that I haven't been answering you, I just have been totally swamped with work and I do miss you too.. I really, really miss you. See you in a month or not.."

Or not? THE FUCK

Dialling his number, he held it to his ear as the confusion swirled around.

"Oh god finally I got to you." Colbys calm voice answered from the other side, Sams heart lurched slightly and he smiled.

"The hell do you mean or not."

"Listen Sam, I kinda wanna stay here.. like live."

Sams heart dropped as his cab pulled up outside the building, he looked up at it and contemplated his whole life.

"Dude I don't have forever." The cab driver angrily spoke as Sam handed him some cash.

"Who was that?"

"A cab driver."

Sam got his stuff and hopped out.

"Oh then I made such a big mistake."

Sam turned around and looked around for anything remotely close to a hotel, there was a big building with a sign that read 'motel' on it, so he started walking there.

"What do you mean?"

"I thought.. doesn't matter what I thought."

"Sam?"

"I flew out to you"

The line goes quiet, the only noise is the sound of Sams quickly moving feet.

"Where are you?"

"Outside your work."

"Stay th-"

"No it's okay, I'm gonna go.. you're gonna stay here and I-I'm gonna go."

"Sam please jus-"

Hanging up, he walked into the motel and the lady stood up, smiling kindly at him.

"Can I have a room?"