And before he could say anything else, Eris stated, "Maybe two months or so, I had used everything I had learned from you lot to have control and once I was able to have a daylight ring, I went looking. I even found the home you were living in in Tuscany. When looked through the window Niklaus was in bed with multiple women, feeding off them as if the transfer was mutual and then I saw you with a smile on your face tending to a horse."

Eris laughed sarcastically and smiled sadly recalling what she'd been through.

"The only person who saw me was Finn, and I made him promise not to ever tell anyone I was alive that's until Kol had come back and seen me," Her breathing was shaky and her hands were clammy.

"I remember the look on his face when he saw what I was seeing, he felt so bad for me," she sobbed, "And the worst part was, he told me everything that Niklaus said after we'd lost Judah: She was a terrible mother, and the boy is better of dead." Eris restated the words as if she was reading it out of a book.

"He didn't even care for me enough to mourn me," she whispered painfully clutching the table.

"I'm sorry, so so sorry Eris," Elijah whispered, but Eris shook her head, unwrapped herself from Elijahs hold, and gathered her things.

"Did he ever love me?" she said dolefully, standing up from the booth.

Seeing him with Aurora earlier that night and recalling how poorly Niklaus treated her while they were together he had thought that Niklaus harnessing a love for her was preposterous. However, seeing the aftermath of her death and the path of hatred mixed with how merciless his brother became made Elijah feel torn.

"I don't know," Elijah said weakly not daring to look at the girl.

Eris didn't dare to say goodbye, she left the bar with tear stained cheeks and Elijah Mikaelson in shambles.

When Elijah returned home, Niklaus was now alone and Freya was sleeping soundly. He was angry and confused, but most importantly sorrowful. Niklaus had seen the anger radiate off of his brother.

"What now Elijah?" Niklaus groaned with a cup of whisky in his hand.

"Did you love her?" Elijah rasped.

Niklaus was confused as to who he was referring to. Aurora had been nothing but a distraction and something to maintain his cover with.

"Elijah, we've been over this. Aurora is just a pawn to find Rebekah."

"No!" Elijah said throwing a glass across the room.

Niklaus was shocked at his sudden outburst. He hadn't seen Elijah in so much distress.

"Brother," Niklaus rasped; moving up from his seat and closer to his brother.

"Eris," Elijah whispered numbly, "You never loved her did you?"

"I'm not talking about this right now," Niklaus responded viciously.

"Answer me Niklaus!"

"Of course I loved her Elijah! I wanted to marry her, have children with her, be with her forever. How can you even ask me that Elijah?" Niklaus roared in anger.

"You were with Aurora. You proposed to Eris and then slept with Aurora. You raised a child with Eris and continued to say that the boy was better of dead than with her as a mother. You never mourned her, you went on with your life as if she meant nothing to you. You treated her like she was worthless, made her feel undeserving. You treated her conditionally," Elijah seethed with anger and hatred.

Niklaus had tears well up in his eyes. He remembered everything about their life together, and he knew what he was doing then. He knew that kissing Aurora was wrong when his heart belonged to another.

He remembered saying those words to Aurora regarding Judah. He never meant a thing he said, he loved Judah and his heart broke when he died. He knew that Eris was a phenomenal mother to the boy and his heart hurt remembering the pain she went through when he died.

"I never meant to hurt her, I swear Elijah I never wanted to hurt her." Niklaus whispered tears falling down his face.

"She looked for us, she looked for you. And she found you in bed with another woman, feeding off of her. Finn and Kol saw her, and she made them promise to never to tell us. I keep thing about if we had stayed one more day, she wouldn't have had to go through what she went through alone. She would've had us," Elijah explained in despair.

Niklaus stayed silent. He had never regretted anything more in his life. He loved her so much, he still did. It had been a thousand years since their departure and she still had his heart in his hands. He never stopped.

Niklaus decided on the path he would take next. After getting back Rebekah, he'd make it his mission to make up with Eris.

OKAY YALL! the next chapter will be in Luciens pov. I think that his perception of the dinner will be extremely important for the plot, and then it will change back to third person pov. Other than that enjoy x