22

I got a phone call from my mum this morning

I got a phone call from my mum this morning. She, with the help of Soleil, made a website for her boutique and called to tell me about how proud of it she was. Since returning from France, her and I have been talking a lot more, but she told me she wanted the website to be a surprise. Apparently her and Soleil have been working on it for a while, and it was driving her crazy that she couldn't tell me about it.

These past few weeks I've really been working on my relationships with everyone I care about. I've been checking in on everyone a lot more. I've even been reaching out to some of the people I met through Niall, some of which I'm not super close with. I've been valuing my friendships with everyone so much more, learning that it's okay to be the one to reach out to them. I never realized how much it means to someone when you simply check in on them.

Niall never called me after his show or before he went to sleep last night. For hours after his show, I heard nothing from him, other than his tweet about the show. Finally, I received a simple "goodnight" text from him, followed by a "good morning" text when I woke up this morning.

I'm trying my hardest not to overthink things. Afterall, he's on tour. He's busy. He was probably tired after his show, which I understand.

As much as I don't want to admit it, he doesn't have to call me everyday. There isn't a set thing that that's what our relationship calls for. I just hoped that he would want to talk to me everyday. I didn't get the chance to talk to him over the phone this morning. When I woke up, he was already in the middle of doing promo and interviews for his album.

I hear my downstairs door open and then slam shut, followed by the sound of shoes being kicked off and frantic footsteps stomping up the staircase.

"What happened?" Celina frantically asks, darting up the stairs of my apartment. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I answer, closing my laptop. "Why? What's going on?"

Celina drops her purse and keys in the exact spot she's in and leaps onto my couch. "Do you live under a rock over here?" Celina asks, receiving an unenthused look from me. "Have you seen the pictures?"

"What pictures?" I ask as my heart begins to pound in my chest. "What are you talking about?"

"Béa, um..." She hesitates, before reaching over and grabbing my laptop. She opens it and begins typing. Her attention is fully focused on the computer screen in front of her. "Look."

She hands me back my laptop and the Daily Mail logo is brightly on display on the top of the screen.

Was the article released?

"'Picture Exclusive: Niall Horan seen with ex-girlfriend Emily Braxton following Tokyo show'." I read the bold letters at the top of the article. Below the title was a photo of Niall and Emily outside of a hotel in what looks like Tokyo.

The article on the photos was just as confusing as the pictures themselves. Whoever wrote it is basically trying to convince readers that Niall was with Emily at his hotel, insinuating that they were together romantically and that him and I were over.