Moments later, blood splashed onto the ground and soon... her body...

"Lacus.We're being called to HQ." A voice calls as I see the boots of another vampire enter the room, briefly.
"Hm? Right. Coming."

The two vampires leave me with the body of my sister as she stares back at me, lifelessly, in a pool of blood.
"S...sis..."

"So. Yoichi Saotome. Right now, I'm replaying the memories you've kept buried the deepest." My sister says, surprising me.

"What?! You're still alive?"
"No. Your sister's dead, of course." She snaps her finger and everything disappears.

"That was an illusion. Idiot. All an illusion."
"Huh? Then what are you...?"

"You we're the one who called me, remember? You wanted cursed gear, so you could get revenge for your sister. Well, I'm the demon." She explains.

"Oh? Oh...! That's right. I was supposed to be making a contract with a demon. Then... you're that demon." I point out, looking at the demon in my sister's form.
"That's right."

"That's an awfully mean shape for you to take, you know."
"That's an awfully dumb look on your face, you know."
"Ahahaha... I get told that a lot." I chuckle, nervously.

"Well? Now what? Do you want power?" The demon asks, catching me off guard.
"Huh?"

"I rifled through your heart, but I couldn't couldn't find any truly strong desire for revenge. All I found was stability. Kindness. Concern for others. I can't stand any of that. My sustenance is greed and desire."

"Th-that can't be right! I do want revenge for my sister-"
"Lies. You were saved... and that makes you glad."
"N-no..."

"You don't like fighting. You hate the thought of your friends or family dying. And you can't stand the thought of killing anything yourself. You want revenge, but you can't kill? C'mon. You don't have nearly enough greed. Washy-washy humans like you... I hate."

My sister, no, the demon emits a black mass, swirling towards me.
"Oh no...!"

"So I think I will become you... and get your revenge for your sister in your place. Give me your body... Human."

She walks towards me with slow, careful steps... until she pierced me through and I scream out.

"You don't even have a strong desire to resist. No, you will not do at all. You are not fit to be my master."

I feel my will fade away as darkness consumes me. I can't see anything... I can only hear...

"Whew. My first corporeal body in ages. It has been a long time since I was last in the real world. Bow. Conscious... reawaken. Where are we?"

(Y/n)'s POV

An explosion sounds from behind, throwing debris around as I turn my head slightly.

Yoichi? You aren't strong enough.

"What the hell?!" Yuu exclaims.

"One... Two... Three... Four humans. And every one of them bears cursed gears. They even have a halfy...? This is why humans are such a nuisance."

"Well, damn. I guess Yoichi wasn't quite strong enough after all. Still... a three-out-of-four success rate with the black demon series is pretty good."

"Hey! What are you talking about?!"
"Okay, you two have cursed gear now... so here's your official first moon demon company mission. Yuu. Kimizuki. (Y/n)."