"You've got it wrong. No way am I a vampire. I'm a
half-demon although, not like the ones here." I correct, sweat dripping to the floor.

Impossible... right...?

"Well, in this world, you're a vampire. Vampires have sharp teeth. Vampires have superhuman capabilities. Vampires aren't stored in weapons, demons are. Vampires are immortal. I can go on and on... You're a vampire, Halfy."

"...I was born from a demon. That means I'm a half demon. You can't be half vampire without being born from one." I counter.

"Oh, but you can. You know how vampires are made? By giving their blood to another. The stronger the vampire, the stronger that person will be although, that's not the only factor affecting it. Even if you claim to be a demon, demons are very similar to vampires, you know. Rather than feeding off blood, we feed off desire."

"Then why don't I need blood to survive? If I truly am a vampire... I'd need blood to survive."

"That's where your humanity kicks in. Your body is still human. You only have the traits of a vampire. Just accept it already. It'd be a pain if you didn't. I'll even show you..."

Did he say... 'still human'? If it would be more convenient to say 'Your body is human', but he added that extra word... That changes everything. Will my body... change...?

A white light shadows the area as it changes to the vampire city.

"Krul... where did you find the halfling...?" A voice asks, catching my attention. What... is this...?

"Is this... a memory? Why...?" I ask.
"No, it's an illusion of what happened 10 years ago. They had just found out about you. Pay attention."

I stare at the scene as the voice, belonging to another noble I do not know, steps towards Krul Tepes.

"The halfling was wondering around aimlessly. It seems she's confused about herself. It doesn't even feel like she's alive." Krul sighs.

"Then, give her a life. Or bring her here. Either way... she'll be fine." The noble smiles.

"We can't raise her as a vampire, although I think you know that very well. The only option is to leave her with... humans." Krul glares ahead, looking at nothing particular.

"...No way... I-I'm not letting her anywhere near those greedy humans! Over my dead-"

Blood splatters as Krul ends the noble's life with ease.
"I'll do what is necessary... I must protect her...!"

The white light enters once more, taking us to another empty, white space.

"That proves that you're a vampire... So will you believe me now...?" Hikari asks, crossing his arms.

"...We made the 'contract', right?" I whisper, my body starting to go numb.

"...There's one more thing to do, but yeah, we've made the contract." He snaps his fingers and the ground begins to shake, "I'll also take a favour, if you don't mind."

And with that, a white light engulfs me and as my body wakes up.

«•»

Yoichi's POV

"V-vampires are here! W-we've gotta run away! W-what should we do, big sister?" I stutter, clinging onto my sister with tears in my eyes.

"Yoichi! Don't come out from under the end, no matter what, okay?" Sister says before urging me underneath the bed.
"B-But..."

The bedroom door opens as I see the boots of a vampire...
"Aaargh!!" I hear the scream of my sister as her feet lift from my vision.