53 • Confidence

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile, Jaemin desperately tried to reach Renjun and Jisung who weren't picking up. He inhaled sharply through gritted teeth.

"Seriously," he mumbled under his breath as he kept trying.

Young-hee buried her hand in Cho-a's hair and curled her fingers around their roots. Pulling at them as hard as she could, Cho-a let out a breathless, pain-filled groan. She threw her head back to help ease the pain.

She managed to laugh under her breath, irritating Young-hee as she did.
"What's so funny?" she asked, genuinely curious.

Cho-a sighed. "I just can't believe I invested so much time in training just so that you can pull at my hair like this," she mumbled just before she twisted her lower body to the side, stretching out her leg as she kicked the other girl that stumbled back. 

"Not bad," she admitted, interrupting their fight for a moment. "I guess you can fight. But do you know where the problem is?"

Cho-a sighed, shook her head. "Please enlighten me."

"You threaten me so boldly," Young-hee said, clicked her tongue disapprovingly. "But you are too soft to kill or seriously harm anyone. No matter what, you could never do it. So what if I threaten these boys? What if I send others to get them? What will you do then?"

Cho-a almost couldn't hold back her laughter as she stepped closer.

"You really give me too much credit. Too soft?" Cho-a looked away, hummed quietly to herself when she remembered something. "You are right though - almost my entire family is dead. So try to imagine how desperate I am not to let anyone else die."

Jaemin's call finally went through. "Jisung?!"

"What?" the younger asked.

"You and Renjun better teleport your asses over here right now," he warned in a shouted whisper.

"Where? What's happening?"

"The park behind the bowling alley. Hurry." And with that, Jaemin hung up.

Cho-a put a hand on Young-hee's shoulder. "I have more to lose than you think. Go ahead and talk to whoever you want to - but tell them to come to me directly. Because if anyone harms my friends, I will prove you wrong."

She rushed her clenched fist towards Young-hee. As Cho-a's knuckles pressed into her abdomen, Young-hee bent down, arms around her stomach in pain. When she moved down, Cho-a drew her knee up, not so gently hitting the older one in the face with it.

It took her by surprise, leaving her breathless as she struggled. However, it lasted not for long before she reached up, grabbed Cho-a's arm and twisted it behind her back. Kicking the back of her knee, the younger dropped to the ground, rolling her eyes back in pain.

Just as Young-hee raised her hand to hit back, hasty footsteps entered the park.

The four of them looked up at the two that just arrived. Within a second, Young-hee's eyes widened.

"Get your hands off of her right now," Jisung warned, boiling with anger. Within a split second his eyes had turned a cloudy grey.

Upon hearing his voice, Young-hee let go of Cho-a and took a step back. Whether it was his authority or just because he was still the person she liked, Young-hee felt bad that he had seen her like this.

So she attempted to explain that, "It's--"

"I didn't ask." Jisung stepped closer, so Young-hee took another step back whereas Cho-a pushed herself up on her feet.

"But she--" She stopped talking when Jisung suddenly stood in front of her, glaring fiercely at the girl. She swallowed hard, moved back the tiniest bit.

"Leave," Jisung ordered, voice unfamiliarly deep and rough. "Or fight me instead." It was needless to say what Young-hee chose, and so she disappeared a moment later.

Meanwhile, Renjun had walked up to Cho-a. He noticed the bruise on her face and her slightly bloody lip but saw that she seemed fine besides that. She offered him a smile and nodded towards Jaemin and Jeno, urging Renjun to check in on them. 

When Renjun left her, Jisung took his place. He looked Cho-a up and down with a worried gaze that swiftly returned to its usual brown when he saw her.

"Are you okay?" He brought a hand up, softly moved his thumb over her cheek. 

Upon his touch, the silver vanished from her eyes. She smiled but didn't reply.

Instead, she stepped forward and slipped her arms around him, pulling him closer. She held onto him tightly as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Just tired," she mumbled. He hummed and gently patted her head.

Just in time, Haechan and Chenle came back, both smiling happily.

"We are back!" Chenle exclaimed excitedly and looked around. However, rather than with happiness, he was met with exhausted sighs from Jaemin and Jeno who sat down on the bench behind them.

"Yeah," Jaemin mumbled. "Great that you are back."

• Confidence 

This chapter is also kinda unedited? It should be alright though, so I hope you enjoyed it! 

Also, this is one of my first attempts at writing a fight scene, so there's room for improvement. I will work on it~

I'll go to bed. Have a great day/night! 💚