13 | bond

tw: some gore, but it appears in a dream

GON ENTHUSIASTICALLY invaded Sen's personal space.

"So, do you have magic powers?"

"No," she lied. 

Sen watched with boredom as Leorio threw a bet to grope the pink-haired prisoner.

"Lies," Killua accused, shoving her shoulder.

Sen scrunched her nose. "Fine. I'm stronger than regular humans, but that means jack shit because you two keep up with me just fine. I also have this... self-healing ability," her scars itched. "But I don't like using it because it's painful."

They stared at her expectantly. She stared back.

"That can't be it!" Killua exclaimed.

"What did you expect?" She slouched defensively. "I'm not a full kitsune, I don't have any flashy powers."

She had Nen, but even then it only made use of what she already had.

That was the last secret she had left, and it was swinging like an overripe fruit on a branch. But not even Sen was stupid enough to tell them about Nen before they were ready.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Leorio lost his wits and gambled away fifty of the hours they had to escape. They had to wait out their lost hours in a penalty room.

"We should've let Sen handle the chick," Killua grumbled. 

"Oi!" Leorio pointed at him. "That pink lady used psychological mumbo jumbo on me, okay?"

"I am good at that," Sen dropped her bag by the door. "But if she annoyed me too much, I would've just thrown her off the side."

"Exactly!" Killua complained. He had taken care of his opponent in seconds.

"Ah, Killua," Kurapika said. "What was that technique you used? The one to rip that man's heart out."

"He has kitten claws," Sen said. "Show them your kitten claws, Killua."

"I do not have 'kitten claws'," he snarled, not doing a very good job of defending himself.

Killua gave a rather interesting explanation of how he had trained in body modification to achieve the instant sharpened nails used for assassinations.

"Kitten claws," Sen confirmed.

"NO!"

"You're very defensive about it, Killua," Gon chuckled.

"Because," Killua sputtered, gesturing vehemently at Sen. 

She poked her head inside a worn-out fridge to avoid his wrath.

"Speaking of me," Sen said. Nothing of interest in the fridge. She shut it. "Didn't you guys have questions?"

Everyone stilled at the reminder of the little revelation earlier. Tonpa wisely shuffled to the opposite side of the room, away from the conversation. And Sen's teeth.

"We all have our reasons for taking the Hunter Exam, you know?" Leorio scratched his head. "But it occurred to me that you never told us yours."