Chapter 1

"Do any of you know where I can find Chief Boedan?"
"Yeah, I'll take you to him. I'm Gabby, by the way."
"Nice to meet you. I'm Quinn."
She nods as we begin to walk into the firehouse. As we walk past a group of guys they wolf whistle. Gabby rolls her eyes and says, "Ignore them. They always jump over the new females in the house."
I chuckle as we begin walking in. We're almost inside when she says, "Hey, are those burns on your neck?" I instinctively pull my hair closer to my neck and say, "Uh...yeah."
"Don't worry about it. It shows that you did a good job."
"It shows I was stupid."
"I don't believe that."
"You can believe what you want Gabby, but that doesn't make it true."
She nods as we arrive at an office. She motions me in and Chief Boedan straightens up. I set down my bag as he says, "Quintenn Cole?"
"Yes. But with all due respect, please just call me Quinn."
"Is that what Chief Adam Denver called you?"
"Yes. Anywho, I just wanted to say thank you for taking me into your firehouse on such a short notice. I really appreciate it."
"Of course. Anything for a fellow firefighter, and I owed Adam one. You can spare me your story, I already heard it for Adam. Don't worry about it. I understand."
"Thank you chief. I just need a new beginning, so he suggested I come here."
"We apparently are the house of new beginnings."
I smile as someone knocks on the door. Chief motions him in and says, "Kelly, this is your new rescue squad personnel I was telling you about. Her name is Quintenn Cole, but she goes by Quinn. Quinn, this is your lieutenant Kelly Severide."
We shake hands and chief says, "Well Quinn, I hope 51 treats you well. Let me know if you need anything at all."
I nod as Severide and I exit. When we get out he says,"So, which firehouse are you from?"
"I actually come all the way from Boston. I was the lieutenant of the rescue squad there."
He nods as we begin our tour. When we're done the tour he introduces me to everyone. They all seem so kind and caring. This will be an amazing firehouse to belong to. With that I go and set up my locker. Then I put on a piece of tape that reads, "Cole".
They seem to like to use last names here so I'll respect that. Then I go and join the rest of squad at their table.

-------------------------------------------
I'm so excited for this oh my god!!! I know I say that at the start of every fanfic but Chicago Fire is the best show ever!!!!

If you haven't watched it yet, there's a video that shows a bit of season 1.

If you have seen it, I'm glad you understand what I go through every episode!!

Please vote/ share/ comment.

If you share please use the hashtag: #obeythefire !!!

First vote gets the next chapter dedicated to them!!! -Becca 😊🔥