14 : 𝖧𝗈𝗉𝖾𝗅𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗅𝗒 𝖣𝖾𝗏𝗈𝗍𝖾𝖽

[🍻]

"I hope she'll love this.."

Taehyun grasped on his wrinkled sweatshirt. Staring in front of him, the small dining table was dressed in a new cloth. Plates and utensils were neatly placed on the surface along with a bottle of wine, two glasses, and newly cooked food that Y/N liked. A satisfied grin was spread on Taehyun's face as he wiped a bead of sweat off his forehead.

"Maybe she'll come home early.. Oh, I hope she does.." He murmured.

Since she left, he couldn't settle his mind regarding with the increasing gap between them. He wanted to talk her out about it, but knowing she couldn't control her temper anymore, he thought of doing it in a more romantic way, hoping it would all be a success. Of course, who could ever resist a nice candlelight dinner your boyfriend had prepared after a long day?

"Hmm.. Hmm.." Taehyun hummed to the living room. "After diner, I should prepare the bathtub so she can have a nice bath to herself. Then, I'll cuddle her to sleep. When we wake up, everything's going to be alright. Yes, you got this, Taehyun!"

Optimism filled his heart. He was excited of how his plans will unfold once his girl goes home. He plopped to the couch, his butt sinking to the cushion as he yawned. Boy, setting up a date sure was exhausting.

He turned on the television for past time. His usual favorite music show aired- one that played old, classic music. Little did Y/N know, he was still clutching onto that habit of listening to old songs.

"Guess mine is not the first heartbroken. My eyes are not the first to cry. I'm not the first to know, there's just no getting over you."

"I know, I'm just a fool who's willing to sit around and wait for you. But baby can't you see there's left for me to do? I'm hopelessly devoted to you."

Taehyun frowned. Yes, he could just leave and look for another like how people would do if relationships become too toxic to handle. But he couldn't. He was made and brought to this world for Y/N and to her alone. He will never be able to lay his eyes to someone else, no matter how tough their relationship would get. His heart will forever hold her name.

There's no way out.

"But now, there's nowhere to hide since you pushed my love aside. I'm out of my head. Hopelessly devoted to you," Taehyun sang. "Hopelessly devoted to you."

He laid on the cushion, arms used as pillow. Staring up at the ceiling, he pictured of Y/N in her old state.

"My head is saying, 'fool forget her'. My heart is saying, 'don't let go, hold on' til the end.' And that's what I intend to do. I'm hopelessly devoted to you."

"But now, there's nowhere to hide since you pushed my love aside. I'm out of my head. Hopelessly devoted to you. Hopelessly devoted to you."

"Hopelessly devoted to you.."

-----------------------------------------------------------------