Chapter 6

Calum's POV

I wiped off some black ichor from the small sword with a disgusted look on my face. Ashton and I were standing in the now empty warehouse, no sign of the demon we had just killed as it was back in its home dimension by now. We walked outside in silence, looking for a taxi since it had started to rain and we were a 20 minutes walk away from the Institue. When we were standing on the pavement Ashton spoke up.

"So... what are you going to do about Michael?"

"What do you mean?" He rolled his eyes at me.

"Don't be an idiot, you two can't keep hating each other forever."

"I don't hate him."

"I know, but you know what I mean. You gotta talk to him."

"He's the one who should talk to me."

"Oh my god, stop being so stubborn Calum!" He suddenly raised his voice and turned to me. "Can't you see that he needs you right now? What does it matter if you don't know every single thing, you should be able to be there for him anyway! Fighting with you like this is killing him, can you not see that?!" Of course I could. I had noticed he was being much more quiet than usual, and he wasn't himself ever since I had found out about Eddie. Sure, before that he hadn't been around much but when he was he was his normal, happy self. Besides, this was killing me too. I was just better at hiding it. I had always been closer with Mikey than the other boys. I even asked him to be my parabatai once, but for some reason he'd refused.
"Fine, I'll talk to him." I said as a taxi parked next to us and we both got inside.
"Good." Ashton replied. He gave the driver our address and we drove off.

***

When we got back to the Institute I went straight to Michael's room and knocked on his bedroom door.

"Who is it?" I heard his voice from behind the door.

"Um, it's me" I said awkwardly. "Calum." He opened the door slightly.

"I'm not in the mood, please go away" he said.

"Nope" I simply replied and pushed the door open so I could get inside. He just sighed and turned away from me as I closed the door.

"Well what do you want?" He said sounding annoyed and went to sit on his bed. I sat down beside him. "If I remember correctly you told me to fuck off last time we spoke, right?" I shook my head.

"I came to apologize, Michael... I know I've been acting like a sucky friend, but it just bothers me that you don't trust me. While everyone else seems to know what's going on with you, you just refuse to tell me. I thought we were best friends?" He didn't say anything, so I just continued. "Well, I'm sorry for acting the way I did. I will be here for you no matter what, but please, just please, tell me what's up. I really just want to help you, Mikey!" He looked down at his hands.

"Y-you wouldn't want to be friends with me anymore if I told you." His voice was very quiet, barely more than a whisper. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"How could you say that? Of course I would! I already told you, I'll be here for you no matter what, okay? Just tell me, tell me so I can prove you wrong!" I saw his hands were shaking slightly. What could possibly make him this nervous? I put my hands over his to keep them steady. "You don't have to be afraid, Mikey. I'll never leave you." He kept his face down, eyes locked on my hands covering his own.

"I..." he started hesitantly. "Calum, I- I'm g-gay..." he finished with a whisper. What? was the first thought going through my head. He was that scared to tell me he's gay? I smiled and gave his hand a light squeeze.

"You're crazy, did you know that? Did you really think your sexuality would matter to me? All I want is for you to be happy!" To be honest, I was kind of shocked, out of everything I had imagined could be wrong with him, this hadn't even crossed my mind once. I guess he was good at acting. He looked up at me with a small smile and I saw his eyes watering. "Aww, are you crying?" I teased him with a smile.

"Shut up, I don't cry. I'm too punk rock." He shoved my arm lightly and I let out a small laugh. He was smiling now and it made me happy. I caused that smile, I thought to myself.

"So...then what's up with Eddie?" I asked. "You two together or something?"

"What? No!" He shook his head. "He's just a friend, like I told you!" .

"Hmm okay. So you're just crushing on him then?" I winked.

"No..." He mumbled, starting to blush a bit which I immediately took as a yes.

"Oh my god, you so are." I laughed, ignoring the very strange feeling of jealousy inside me. "He better not steal you away from me!" Michael laughed and threw a pillow at me. Then he yawned, looking adorable doing so.

"I'm exhausted." he said.

"Me too" I replied. "Let's take a nap, the others will wake us up eventually." I laid down on the bed and he awkwardly laid down as far away from me as possible without falling off the edge. I turned towards him. "What are you doing? We're not gonna cuddle?" I said with a pout. He looked nervous.

"I- um, I thought since you know that I'm gay now you- you wouldn't wanna...you know..." I reached out and grabbed his arm to pull him closer.

"Don't be ridicolous" I told him and he cuddled up to my chest. "You're still my best friend. Now sleep." Michael closed his eyes with a content smile on his face and I couldn't help but smile myself. After a few minutes he was asleep in my arms and I kissed the top of his head before falling asleep as well.

××××××××××××××××××××

Yay update after only 2 days! :D this chapter is kinda boring idk but more Malum were requested ahaha so I tried my best but tell me what ya think?
I have to go to school now lol but have a good day everyoooone♥

-A