Chapter 18: Driving lessons Pt.2

I gulped as Jason was staring at the scene with widen eyes. First of all, he’s never seen Mike before so probably he’s surprised of his huge size and his really bad temper, two things that can perfectly describe Mike completely. Second, I’ve never told ANYONE, not even my best friends in the world about what happened that day Mike caught me smoking. It was something between him and me, that was the deal, and I had to keep it for both of our sakes.

-Fine, whatever. I’m done with this shit for today, the bald said returning to his destroyed van, But I tell you. If nobody gets my van fixed, I’ll hunt you down and call the police!

With that and my cellphone number the bald left, leaving us just Mike, me and Jason. What to say to my friend? Nothing for the moment, that was my best option. I could explain him later, once that Mike leaves us alone.

-Jason I’m so, so sorry! I promise I’ll pay you every dime you need to fix your brother’s car.

-Don’t worry Jess, I’ve got it covered against all kind of damage. The thing is, I don’t really know how to explain this to my brother, much less to my parents, he said rubbing the back of his neck.

-So above anything, you didn’t even have permission to get the car?, Mike said to Jason who was speechless.

I wanted to step in, but Mike would kill me. I know, I know, I’m a coward, but I had to stay alive to help Jason fix his brother’s car. Otherwise he was doomed.

-Well I do... I just... well I cannot lend the car to another person, Jason tried to explain but he only made it worse. Leave it that way dude. I’m screwed anyway so save yourself.

-Then you better take it back home as soon as possible. I’m sure you’ll find a way to explain to your family why your car has a huge bump on the front, Mike said as he looked at Jason for him to just disappear, which he didn’t in that very instant. Wrong move my friend.

-Of course. C’mon Jess, he said opening the door for me to get in, and as I tried to hop in, Mike grabbed me by the hood of my sweatshirt and dragged me right by his side once again.

-Don’t worry, I’ll take Jessie home. We need to catch up after all, he said staring down at me as I practically hid my head into the sweatshirt.

Jason looked at us, not fully understanding, but Mike wasn’t in the mood for games. My friend had nothing else to do but to hop into his car and disappear. I was feeling sorry for him. His parents would kill him. Oh well, better to deal with his parents than with pissed off Mike. BELIEVE my words.

-So do you wanna go for a ride?, I asked him giving him a good girl smile he didn’t buy of course. He was by far too upset with me for my jokes and smart comments.

-What I want is to kick your ass Jessica. Get in the car, he said letting me go and surrounding his car, slamming the doors. Crap he was furious! Not that he’d actually do that, but trust me when I say he was dying to teach me a lesson right there. Phew, so good that idea didn’t cross his mind, because he’s definitely capable of.

He drove for a long while in complete silence. I just wanted to tell Mike I was terribly sorry about what happened, adding a really desperate “DON’T SPANK ME” at the end... yeah I don’t think I can combine them together. Always after the speech of “I’m sorry” comes the “too late for being sorry now”. It was kind of true, unfortunately for me and my bottom.

-You should be ashamed of yourself, he started the long speech with an angry voice, You caused an accident with a car that wasn’t yours, you didn’t have a license or an insurance and above anything, you didn’t have the decency of looking where the hell you were going! Plus side, your friend almost gets his ass beaten for that bald guy because he wanted to defend you. If I didn’t get there in time, he’d have a very nasty black eye at least.