Charles was cut off by a loud bang. Olivia jumped back as bright red lasers shot from Scott's eyes. They shot through the water, to the target, but the boy was struggling to control them. He lost his balance, causing the lasers to shoot up the large tree across the water. He finally closed his eyes and the destruction seized. "Wow," Olivia gasped. It was an amazing and beautiful mutation the boy possessed.

Charles laughed, also clearly amazed with Scott's powers. "My grandfather planted that tree when he was five years old. I used to swing from the branches of it myself," Almost comically, the tree Charles had been so fondly talking about split down the middle where Scott's laser had shot and fell to the ground with a ghostly moan. "I think that was probably my favourite tree."

Olivia snorted, covering her mouth to stop the laughter that was trying to escape. "Does that mean...I'm expelled?" Scott asked nervously.

"Oh on the contrary," Charles turned and shook his head, a bright smile on his face. "You're enrolled."

Scott was relieved. He nodded, trying to seem cool with the situation. Olivia turned to Charles. "Am I giving him the usual tour?"

The professor nodded. "Of course, Olivia. We'll leave you to it."

The three men left, allowing Scott and Olivia some alone time. "How are we doing this, exactly?" Scott scoffed. "I can't see." He waved a hand in front of his bandaged eyes.

"Oh," Olivia hadn't thought about that, she felt silly. "Right, sorry. I could give you a quick run down, and later, when Hank figures out a way to help that little sight problem of yours, I'll give you a real tour."

Scott chuckled, his fists shoved deep into his pockets. "That works...I guess."

Olivia rolled her eyes with a small smile. "Let's sit," She softly took his arm. He tensed slightly but allowed Olivia to move him. They walked carefully to a small bench and with some resistance, she helped him sit down. "Okay. Where to start..."

After talking with Scott, Olivia finished her last class of the day. She, Charles, and Hank sat in the kitchen, eating away at whatever was leftover from lunch as a makeshift dinner. Olivia couldn't stop her smiling face as she bit into a tuna sandwich. "I presume your first day of teaching was a success?" Charles smirked from the opposite end of the table.

"Is it that obvious?" Olivia chuckled, wiping mayonnaise from the corner of her mouth.

"What did I tell you, Liv?" Hank laughed, patting her arm lightly. "You had nothing to worry about."

Olivia chuckled and rolled her eyes. "I have a lot to worry about, but I guess teaching is no longer one of those things," She looked down at her hands for a long moment, thinking about the powers she loved but also despised that came from those delicate hands. "Speaking of worrying, my powers haven't been improving like you said they should Charles."

The professor merely shook his head. "You have to give it time, Olivia. Only recently have you started to develop and evolve them after those many years of suppression," His eyes saddened slightly at the memory of the young girl who was abandoned at the school, with the only thing known of her mutation was that it scared her parents away. "Rome was not built in a day."

Olivia scoffed, rolling her eyes. Charles loved his metaphors. She took another bite of her sandwich, not desiring to continue the conversation she started. Suddenly, almost like an earthquake, the floor of the house shook. Olivia gripped her chair and looked to Charles. They all knew who it was.

Not wasting time, the three made their way to Jean's room. Students peeked their heads out of their rooms, nervously whispering to each other. It pained Olivia to see how scared they truly were of Jean, no matter how much Charles chanted his mantra — Mutant and proud. "Back to bed, please," Charles ushered the nervous children away. "There's nothing to see here."