|| Seventh Thread ||

He tries to tune out of your soft touches gently tending to him. He imagines your fingers roaming around his torso and going lower and lower...

"Hajime, what are you thinking about," you ask suddenly, snapping him out of his daze.

"Nothing much," he mumbles quickly, trying to dismiss the thought of you touching him in places he would kill to make you touch. Iwaizumi would be lying if he didn't say that he often thought of you on him, your soft lips against his and him being the only man reflected in your eyes.

"He's amazing, isn't he?"

He feels a short stab of burning jealousy course through his veins and he looks away from the team practicing. He knows who you are talking about but he feigns ignorance and pretends not to know who it is you are directing all of your love and admiration to.

"Who," he asks, looking at the team boredly, "I don't see anyone amazing."

"Really, Hajime," you giggle, "I'm talking about Tooru-kun, of course."

He gulps, wanting nothing more than to press his lips against yours to shut you up, to keep you from fueling his jealousy of his friends. But he keeps himself from doing any of that.

"Isn't it amazing," you coo, "he can draw out the potential of the whole team and he can formulate such sound strategies..."

He keeps silent, maintaining a poker face as you sing praises about the brunette setter.

"And, so many pretty girls confess to him on a regular basis..."

He stays silent, observing your features silently. To him, all of those girls you considered pretty could barely hold a candle to your effortless elegance. Of course, he was biased because you had ruined him for any other women. He would always compare, contrast, and collate. You, were his one and only. And it killed him to see that you could never look at him the way he wanted you to.

I think you're prettier than all those other girls, is what he wants to say but the words die in his mouth and remain unspoken. He watches you watch Oikawa and he sighs as hurt and jealousy gnaw on his heart. Because the way you look at Oikawa reminds him of how he looks at you.

I watch you watch only him.

He sees the unadulterated sadness in your eyes and it tears him up inside that he can't be the one you love because he would never hurt you or give you any cause to be sad.

"Oh no, look at me," you smile in a vain attempt to disguise your earlier woes. "I'm rambling again."

"I don't mind," he answers as he gives you a reassuring smile.

"You're amazing too, Hajime."

His ears perk up at your small praise, "really?"

"Well, you are Aobajousai's great and mighty ace, aren't you?"

"Heh," he smirks, "I guess I am."

He closes his eyes, a large smug grin forming on his face. It's embarrassing how a simple praise from you could make him feel like this.

It's pathetic.

But at least, it's something.

Isn't it?