001.

═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════

"Caroline, how do we know they're even here yet," Alex complained while being dragged by her blonde-haired friend.

Caroline sighed, "They always arrive 15 minutes before the bell. They'll be there trust me." The two girls turn around the corner spotting non-other than Elena Gilbert and Bonnie Bennett at their lockers.

"Elena." Caroline finally let go of Alex's wrist and made her way straight to Elena, tackling her in a hug. "Oh my god. How are you?" She pulled away to get a good look at her, "Oh, It's so good to see you." She wasn't giving Elena a chance to answer before she turned to ask Bonnie, "How is she? Is she good?"

Alex had to stifle a laugh and shot Elena an apologetic glance. "Caroline," Elena called, causing the said girl to turn around. "I'm right here. and I'm fine. Thank You."

Alex took this time to talk to Bonnie who was also watching the exchange with a hint of amusement in her eyes. "Hey BonBon, how are you and Grams?"

Bonnie turned to give her a smile," We're both doing okay. But Grams has been acting cuckoo lately."

Alex shook her head with a huge smile on her face. "How so?"

"She keeps talking about how I'm Psychic and we have ancestors from Salem."

At this Alex's smile faltered before she quickly put it up again hoping she didn't notice. "Interesting. Absolutely crazy but interesting."

Bonnie laughed " Hey I'm heading to Grams's really quick after school you should come. I can drive us to the grill after."

"Sure I'd loved to come. It's been a while since I've seen Sheila-" Alex was interrupted by Caroline tugging on her wrist. 

"Ok, see you guys later," Caroline waved.

Alex looked back and waved as well," Bye Bonnie, Bye Elena hope you are doing well!"

༻❁༺

"I can't believe they gave us work already. It's literally the first day," Alex complained slamming the door and leaning back against her locker. Only then did she realize Caroline's attention was elsewhere. She followed her gaze to find the mysterious new guy everyone's been talking about.

Caroline always thought she needed a guy by her side. And she wanted the best. On the outside, Caroline was the perfect girl, confident, smart, outgoing, pretty. She was everything every girl wanted to be, but Alex knew better. She knew the real Caroline. The one who behind closed doors cried to her best friend about how she got her heart broken by some stupid guy or how she is comparing herself to their friend Elena, though in her opinion she thinks Caroline is much better.  And Alex was always there to pick up the pieces and patch Caroline up.