frosty » tsukkiyama

inspired by a walk i went on with my friend recently!

~*~

Tsukishima huffs as he steps in another pile of snow, seeing the cold puff of air in front of him and feeling the wetness of the snow seep into his trainers slightly.

"I told you to wear proper walking shoes, Tsukki," Yamaguchi giggles from ahead of him, turning around so he's facing Tsukishima and walking backwards at the same time.

"You never told me we'd be wading through snow, mud and grass on this walk," Tsukishima grumbles, and instead of getting discouraged by his boyfriend's sour tone, Yamaguchi only giggles more.

"Always expect the unexpected with me, dear Tsukki," the freckled boy teases. Tsukishima is about to roll his eyes when Yamaguchi steps on a small patch of ice, not looking at where he was going, and slips.

Instinct kicks in and Tsukishima immediately rushes forward, managing to grab Yamaguchi's hand before he fell while also slipping on some mud and effectively sending both of them to the ground.

The blonde ends up on top of Yamaguchi, gloved hands pushing into the wet, muddy grass beneath him to stop him from crushing Yamaguchi completely and jean-clad knees digging into the same grass further down.

Yamaguchi looks up at his boyfriend in shock for a second before he starts laughing, little giggles and pants of air as he attempts to control himself. "Bet you weren't expecting that, were you?"

Tsukishima clicks his tongue and gets up, holding a hand out to Yamaguchi to help him up when he realises both of his gloves are covered in mud, and so are his knees. Yamaguchi manages to get himself up on his own, dusting himself off with his own (clean) glove-covered hands. He then pulls something out of his coat pocket, a clean pair of gloves and a little plastic bag.

"Fortunately for you, Tsukki," he starts, reaching over with one hand to take Tsukishima's muddy gloves off and put them in the plastic bag before handing him the clean gloves. "I always come prepared."

Tsukishima takes the gloves and slips them over his cold fingers before looking down at the ground.

"Thanks," he mumbles, and Yamaguchi grins.

"You're welcome!" He beams like the sun and turns around, but before he can continue walking, he feels Tsukishima grab his hand. He looks down at their hands, and then up at Tsukishima's blushing face.

"So you don't fall over again," the blonde explains quietly. "But if you take me down with you then I'm breaking up with you."

Yamaguchi feels his smile hurting his cheeks and tugs Tsukishima towards him by the hand, pressing a short kiss to his lips and pulling away to see Tsukishima blushing more.

"Try and scare me all you like, Tsukki, but I know you'd never break up with me," he teases, and the two of them continue walking hand in hand.

"Is that a bet?" He challenges, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"No," Yamaguchi answers, pulling Tsukishima down for another kiss. "Because I'd be very sad if you broke up with me."

"Well," Tsukishima mumbles, kissing Yamaguchi again. "Good thing I never will then."

Yamaguchi continues smiling throughout the whole walk, and definitely indulges in pulling Tsukishima down with him again when he slips just so he can wrap his arms around his boyfriend's neck and kiss him again.

~*~

When they get back to Tsukishima's, the blonde puts his trainers on the radiator and nearly all of his clothes in the washing machine. Yamaguchi assures him that he can wash his own clothes at home, but ends up giving them to Tsukishima when the blonde promises Yamaguchi he'll wash his hair for him in the shower.

And that's how they end up curled under mountains of blankets with freshly washed hair and bodies, Yamaguchi drowning in one of Tsukishima's t-shirts and boxers while Tsukishima fits very comfortably into his own clothes. It was just starting to snow outside, and Yamaguchi squeezes Tsukishima's hand to get his attention.

"Snow," he whispers, and instead of looking at the snow, Tsukishima finds himself staring at his boyfriend. His freckles are starting to come back in the warmth of his bedroom and his nose is a little red from the cold they were in an hour ago, but his eyes still sparkle as they do everyday.

Tsukishima can't help tilting Yamaguchi's face towards him with deft fingers on his chin, and Yamaguchi has no time to react before Tsukishima's kissing him in eyes-fluttering-closed fashion - for Yamaguchi at least. He kisses him once more, letting his lips linger over Yamaguchi's a second more before mumbling,

"I love you."

Yamaguchi giggles against Tsukishima's lips before kissing him again.

"I love you too."

~*~

granted, my friend and i didn't kiss at the end but we did find a massive field of ice and almost died trying to recreate yuri on ice