touchy » daisuga

totally did not get the idea for this from this prompt👀

creds to the owner though!

~*~

Sometimes managing a full volleyball team with energetic first years and even more energetic second years was more than a handful of stress.

Suga knows that more than most (other than Daichi, of course) because he was kind of the captain's second in command. The younger members referred to him as 'Sugamama' a lot of the time, and honestly Suga didn't mind having that title. He likes being looked up to as a maternal figure, able to provide advice and care and sometimes even stern scoldings to the other members. Sometimes, the others were more scared of Suga than they were scared of Daichi, which was saying something.

But it all came from a place of love and care, as being on the sidelines a lot gave Suga the chance to properly watch each of the team's members and provide the best course of action for each of them individually.

However, even with all of the support from him, Daichi still got overwhelmed sometimes. He was a perfectionist, and never liked to leave things unfinished, so Suga often had to remind the others about this when Daichi wasn't around.

But now it was just them, at Suga's house, in Suga's room, in Suga's bed. It was finally Friday and Suga pretty much ordered Daichi to stay round his tonight, and Daichi could never deny his pretty boyfriend anything. Suga had seen this new volleyball documentary on Netflix talking about the Shiratorizawa from twenty years ago, and even though they were opponents in the game of volleyball, Daichi always liked to learn new thing from new teams and hopefully implement into Karasuno's own practices.

So, Suga had set it all up while Daichi was gathering his things from home, and when Suga's mother let Daichi into his room, Suga couldn't help jumping on him and hugging him.

"Baby, you saw me literally a half hour ago," Daichi chuckles, dropping his bag on the floor to catch Suga and hold him up. The setter wraps his legs around his boyfriend's waist tightly and drapes his arms around his neck, leaning down to kiss Daichi softly.

"I know, but I missed you," Suga pouts, kissing Daichi again and again and again. Daichi lets Suga indulge in a few minutes of endless kisses before his arms start to ache a little. He taps Suga's hip and the latter pulls away.

"Let me put you down, baby, my arms are hurting," he says, and Suga gasps loudly, mocking offence.

"Are you calling me heavy?" He asks, and Daichi rolls his eyes before kissing his boyfriend's lips once more.

"Never. Just sensitive from practice," Daichi answers, putting Suga down on the floor gently before flopping down onto his bed. Suga makes a show of flopping down on top of Daichi, giggling at the little "oomph" that leaves his buff boyfriend's lips before propping himself up on his elbows to look down at Daichi. "Why'd you want me to come over so suddenly, love?"

Sugawara finally gets up from Daichi's lap to turn on his TV. Daichi props himself up on his own elbows to watch Suga get everything set up, and then he smiles warmly when Suga steps aside and unveils a volleyball documentary on Netflix.

"Voila," he beams, grabbing the remote and crawling back onto his bed next to Daichi. Daichi sits up properly and pulls the covers up so him and Suga can get comfy under the covers with pillows behind their backs and their legs tucked up to their chests.

"I've actually been wanting to watch this for a few weeks," Daichi mumbles against Suga's temple before kissing it. "Just never had the time to."

"Well, now we have all the time in the world," Sugawara says in the same hushed fashion as he makes himself comfy against Daichi's side, head resting against his boyfriend's shoulder as he presses play.

Daichi is immersed from the get-go, which is what Suga wanted. He's been so worked up and tense recently with volleyball and additional schoolwork, so it was nice to see him so able to concentrate on something he liked without being distracted by deadlines and new receiving techniques.

"I love you, you know," Daichi whispers twenty minutes into the documentary.

"I do know," Suga smiles, kissing his cheek. "I love you too."

"Thank you for doing this for me," the captain says, wrapping an arm around Suga's waist and pulling him closer into his side. "You're the best."

"No, you're the best," Suga counters, patting Daichi's chest. "You're the one who always works so hard to get us ready for tournaments. This is the least I could do."

"Ah, but you're the one who keeps the kids in line," Daichi chuckles, chest rumbling with the action and Suga's hand vibrating. "I couldn't do anything without you there."

"Why don't we just agree to disagree there?" Suga smiles up at Daichi, but Daichi knows the smile is anything but friendly. He laughs properly this time, and Suga's smile softens into a genuine one.

"Sure thing, love," Daichi agrees, finding Suga's hand on his chest with his own free one and lacing their fingers gently. He feels all the stress and tension in his body melt away as Suga curls further into his side, his pretty boyfriend's natural sweet scent filling his nostrils and making the anxious knot in his stomach fall apart.

This is quite possibly the most relaxed he's ever been in his life, and it's all thanks to Suga.

~*~

going feral bc daisuga