"Cutie patotie," I said. "How are you, my baby?" I asked.

He grinned. "Okay!"

I chuckled. Binaba ko siya at yumakap din sa mga tita at tito ko. Nakipag-biruan pa ako kay tito Azle, Juri's dad.

"What's with the reunion, mom?" I asked.

She shrugged. "It's been a long time since the last time we saw each other, baby," she answered and brushed my hair. "And besides, there'll be something special event later," she added.

Kumunot ang noo ko. "And what is it?" I asked. She only smiled and didn't answer.

Ngumuso nalang ako at umayos ng higa sa lap niya. We're on my room right now. And my mother's with me. She said she missed me so much hence she's here.

"How's your vacation, Zuela?" She gently asked.

I smiled. "It's a very fun vacation, mom," I honestly answered.

"Hmm? Tell me 'bout it, baby."

I sighed and began telling her. From the first part of the story and the last part. I didn't leave any details. I told her all about it. I don't like hiding things from my mother. As much as possible, I wanted to tell her anything. Regarding about what I'm feeling, secrets that I keep for myself, what I wanted to say, and everything. I don't want to hide anything from her. But I sometimes can't avoid hiding things from her, that's natural. It'll take a lot of courage to tell your mom what you wanted for her to know. I've feel that. And honestly, it's really refreshing when I'm telling mom all of my problems, thoughts, and pain.

"My darling..." she mumbled. "Mom's always here," she said. "You can cry to me. Let out all the pain. I'm here to listen to your cries. I won't leave..."

As soon as she said her last sentence, my tears instantly fall. Bumangon ako at niyakap siya ng mahigpit.

"I don't really want to cry, anymore, mom," I sob.

She chuckled. "Because you're Zairene," she muttered.

I chuckled between my sobs. "Kinda but no..." I said. Humiwalay ako sa yakap at pinunasan ang luha sa mata at mukha ko. I smiled. "I just realized that crying won't change anything, mom. So, instead of crying, I'll just enjoy Canada with the Villamoras."

She smiled at me sweetly. "Aww, my baby. You've matured. Noong una lang ay iyak ka ng iyak dahil nalaman mong may ibang gusto si Natky––"

"Mom, stop," I said, stopping her from saying anything about my childhood past.

"Alright, alright," she said, chuckling. "Don't you want to take a rest?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Maybe, I will," I said. "I'm kinda tired, by the way."

She nodded, "okay then. Take a good rest, my Zuela."

I nodded. She kissed my forehead before she left. Umayos ako ng higa sa kama ko at tumingin sa kisame. His smiling flashed on my mind again. Instead of being bitter, I smiled and closed my eyes.

→✊←

"Zairene! Zairene!"

Hinampas ko ang kamay na kanina pa yumuyugyog sa akin. Binato ko rin ng unan ang kung sino man 'yon. Narinig ko ang pagsinghal nito sa akin. Hindi ko siya pinansin at pinagpatuloy ang pagtulog.