Underground Tunnel

Liam and Xylan reached the edge of the stairs. Liam walked up front to protect the Crown Prince from potential danger. People wearing masks suddenly appeared. Liam was quick to finish them off. "Just staring at books and recording taxes made me this sluggish", Liam grunted while feeling the sore of his arms. "You should do some sparing with me sometime", Xylan slashed the last enemy. He stared at the blood dripping on his sword. 

Someone clapped and it caught the attention of the two. "I knew you'd be using this as your escape route. I think a lot of people still see me as the right heir to the throne. Who knew houses would turn their back against you", Keane appeared in the dark as he lit the torches hanging on the walls. 

He cares for you. 

Liam went in front of Xylan and raised his sword. "Liam, you know you cannot win even if I give a handicap", Keane shrugged. "Brother. Why are you here? You should be showing yourself to Father and clear this misunderstanding", Xylan spoke without looking at Keane's eyes. "What misunderstanding?", Keane went back to his gentle and lively tone. Liam's sword is shaking. "Please, Your Highness. It's not too late to stop this rebellion", Liam tried to convince. "The bombs and cannon that they imported from the other Kingdom are already brought into the Capital. Plus, there are so many casualties already. I even doubt if the number of experienced soldiers would win against guns", Keane raised a new weapon and pointed it at Xylan. 

"Yes, brother. Ever since I wanted to clear the misunderstandings. Was I just the one who felt it? When I was the one who was crowned to be the next heir, you seemed to grow cold and farther", Xylan mustered all the strength to look into Keane's eyes but the man had his head lowered looking at the cold floor. "You're an idiot, Xylan. You know what other Kingdoms do to other potential heirs, they kill them off before a rebellion starts", Keane walked closer. Liam stepped back preparing to jump on Keane. The man placed his gun behind him and removed the sword from his scabbard. "Xylan, let's settle things here. If I win, I will tell those rebels to stop. If I lose, you can cut off my head and show them that the leader already fell", Keane reached out his hand. 

"Your Highness, change the plan. Please make your way through", Liam thrust his sword but Keane evaded it easily knocking Liam to the ground. "Stay still", Keane looked straight into Xylan's eyes. The blue-haired was confused about the aura Keane was emitting. He couldn't understand it. He raised his sword.  "Attack me first", Keane opened his arms wide. "Brother, are you doing this because you hated me?", Xylan managed to talk while having a sword dance with Keane. "Are you narcissistic? Do you think this all revolves around you?", Keane chuckled. "Then, is it because of Eleanor?", Xylan furrowed his brow. Keane managed to cut on his arm. "Did I hit the spot?", Xylan raised his voice. 

"You took everything from me, Xylan. The attention, the affection, and even my aspirations", Keane's hit are getting heavier. "The Minister of Coins was behind this. He supported hiding rebels and used the South as their camp. If you haven't sent Councils and spies on that place, this operation wouldn't be triggered so early", Keane explained. "Are you one of them, brother?", Xylan fought back and even sent Keane to step back. 

"Xylan, how do you find Ellie? You're a lucky bastard.  You haven't really spent so much time together but she's laughing and even sharing deep matters", Keane breathed in. "What do I lack?", Keane gritted his teeth. "You never lack anything, brother. I know because he gave all her trust to you without leaving any reservation", Xylan dropped his sword. "Let's end this brother. Whether you or I would be crowned as the next Emperor, everything will just stop if one of us perishes, right? I'm already tired of constantly struggling with the fact that I took someone else's place. You might be right. Potential heirs shouldn't exist", Xylan knelt. It made Keane clenched his fist. He hit Xylan barehanded. "Yes, you took everything away", he said with a hoarse voice. Liam was prepared to stab Keane from behind. "Xylan, how did it turn out to be like this? Why is it that we cannot exist at the same time?", Keane took the gun from his back. 

"I just hope we'll get to exist at the same time again. In that time, we'll be living peacefully without taking something from each other", Keane went closer and whispered something to Xylan. 

Liam panicked and rushed to stab Keane but he already pulled the trigger. Xylan's eyes widened and was able to get a proper glimpse of his brother's eyes. Liam was horrified to see the scenario in front of him. An explosion happened and buried them all in rubble. 

A few hours later...

Jenos sighed as he walked behind the lady. It was his first time knocking an army officer. Since they traveled barefooted, they arrived later. "Your Uncle will kill me if he wakes up", Jenos scratched his nape. "I didn't know you have brute strength", Eleanor turned to him. Jenos bit his lip knowing that Eleanor hadn't yet recovered from fever. She wobbled and fell forward. Her hands were wounded by the thorny path.  Fortunately, it was grassy plains. 

Jenos walked towards him and knelt

Jenos walked towards him and knelt. "If I were to die tonight, I pity myself for spending the remaining time of my life in this dark forest", Jenos looked up at the tall trees covering the moonlight."Thank you, Jenos", Eleanor climbed on his back. "Ah, save your thanks for later", Jenos stood up carrying Eleanor. They heard the rumbling of rocks. 

They headed on to the source and saw a secret passage. Someone coughed on the side. "Liam", Eleanor was horrified by the view of a bloody Liam and a lifeless Xylan. "The Crown Prince", Jenos gently dropped Eleanor on the ground and checked on Xylan's pulse. "He's still alive. He protected me from the falling rocks", Liam's eyes were filled with tears. "I still know that path that Sir Oliver is supposed to take, wait for me. I'll go and ask for help", Jenos held on Eleanor's shoulder. 

Eleanor held tightly on Xylan's hand. "Please, keep on breathing", Eleanor squinted her eyes. "We haven't continued talking. It was fun, right? Your Highness. I failed to notice how light it was for me to tell you my thoughts. If you find yourself also complaining and throwing random things at me,  you can always do so. That's why, please, open your eyes", Eleanor's tears fell on his cheek.  

Chapter end. 

Author's Note:

Thank you for reaching this far. I want to inform you that there are 2-3 chapters before "THE END".

I hope I can finish this before 14.

I wonder if there are...
KeaneXEleanor shippers.
XylanXEleanor shippers.

Or maybe....

Aileen X Jenos shippers. (Where did that even come from?)

My apologies, sleep deprived author here.