For Your Entertainment

Start from the beginning

She sighed "You're lucky I'm desperate" she said.

"Haven't you always?" he questioned, and she slapped his arm, offended making he laugh "I'm kidding" he said.

"You better" she said, clearly unamused.

At Esposito and Jody's table on the other hand, they were focused on the appetizers. Or at least, Esposito is.

"These things are tiny. Why the hell would anyone want to eat this?" Esposito questioned.

Jody rolled her eyes "They're called appetizers not meals, idiot" she said.

"Food is meant to be filling, not adorable" he reasoned.

"And people aren't meant to fill themselves until after the first dance. And don't you have a speech to give?" she questioned.

"No, I'm not the best man, remember" he grumbled.

"I thought this was your best friend's wedding?" she questioned.

"Yeah well, it doesn't matter. I'm not. The only speech I'll be giving today is to myself when I get blackout drunk" he said before finishing his glass of champagne.

"And by the looks of it, that won't be long" she teased.

"Hmm funny" he said drly.

___________________________________

Ryan and Jenny finally arrived after about an hour. The DJ had announced their arrival enthusiastically as the guests cheered their entrance. The couple was beaming with excitement as they made their way towards the dancefloor to begin their first dance as husband and wife.

They stepped closely together, trying not to smile too widely. As the music started to play, the couple began dancing.

While everyone else was watching the newlyweds, Castle's eyes turned towards Beckett. She had a bright smile as she watched Ryan move easily to the music with his bride. Those dance classes has paid off well.

Castle smiled as he watched her, admiring the glow of her features. But after a moment, she turned and met his eyes, as if she felt him staring. She smiled, and he felt his heart skip a beat.

He tried to play it off by smiling back then turning to watch the couple again. She also turned to watch Ryan and Jenny, so he decided to believe that she doesn't suspect anything, which was definitely wrong, but he didn't care.

Lanie started swaying along to the music, smiling happily as she watched her friends dance their hearts out. Toby noticed and lightly nudged her shoulder. She turned to face him and he smiled. It was as if they had a silent conversation with their eyes. Finally, she turned his head to look at the couple and he just complied.

Esposito was smiling proudly at his partner. Glad that he's happy. But a small part of him was envious of his happiness. Not that he'll ever admit that outloud.

Jody on the other hand, was focused solely on their dance moves. She was unconsciously moving to the tempo and muttering counts for each step they took. It was habit she didn't seem to notice that she has.

Esposito noticed his cousin, practically conducting the dance, but decided not to ruin her fun and just let her be.

Then the song ended and they stopped. The crowd cheered excitedly and Jenny beamed. She looked towards her husband happily and he took her hand with a smile, whispering something to her. She giggled and held onto his arm a little tighter while they walked to their table.

That was when Jenny's mom stepped forward with the mic.

"Thank you so much everyone for coming. We appreciate every single one of you" she started "We hope you enjoy yourselves today, on this very special occasion" she said.