For Your Entertainment

Ryan and Jenny's wedding reception was no short of entertainment. And most of them weren't even for hire.

Tags: Humor, fluff, romance(ish)

- - - - - - - - - -

The ceremony was beautiful and heartfelt. Most people were in tears by the time the couple had walked down the aisle.

The reception was just about to get started. The guests had flooded into the ballroom and found their seats. Castle walked in with Beckett, chatting like no one else was around. Followed by Lanie and her friend, Toby. Then it was Esposito and his cousin, Jody.

They each found their seats as soft background music played. They each had seperate tables, aside from Castle and Beckett who had about two people sitting between them. But the rest of them weren't far from each other that they could still talk if they wanted to. The waiters approached each table to fill up the glasses with champagne. It quickly followed with the trays of appetizers.

At Castle and Beckett's table, a man who, they read from his placing card, is Jenny's uncle, started talking with Beckett.

"So what's your name young lady?" he asked.

"Uh...it's Kate. I'm the groom's friend" she answered.

He nodded in understanding "I'm Lou" he introduced himself "So I take it you're pretty close to Kevin" he guessed.

"I would say so, yes" she said politely before taking a drink of the champagne.

She made eye contact with Castle who mouth 'You're doing great' to her. She had to roll her eyes.

"Can I ask you a question about Kevin?" Lou asked.

"Of course" she said.

"What's he like in the sheets?"

Beckett was quiet, blinking a few times as she processed what the man he just said.

"Excuse me?" she asked.

"In bed. You were involved with him weren't you?" he assumed.

Beckett was almost left speechless "No, sir. He works with me. As a cop" she said.

"Oh, my bad then" he said before turning to acknowledge someone else.

She made eye contact with Castle once again, who also looked shocked.

Meanwhile at Lanie and Toby's table, they were just talking between themselves.

He told her a joke and she laughed, slapping his arm. It quickly caught the attention of a woman who Lanie noticed from her name card, is Ryan's aunt named Denise.

"Are we enjoying ourselves?" Denise asked with a kind smile.

Toby smiled back politely "Very much" he said.

"You two make an adorable couple. So how long have you two been together?" she asked.

Lanie was about to correct the obviously confused woman, when Toby spoke up.

"It's recent" he said.

"Well I hope you kids enjoy yourself" she said.

"Thank you" he said as the woman turned her attention elsewhere.

Lanie gripped Toby's arm "What are you doing?" she questioned with a low volume.

"Relax" he said, lowering his voice as well "It's easier to say we're together than have them look at me like I'm the devil himself" he said.