1

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life

Moving out from your parents home should feel like a weight lifted off your shoulder

Moving out from your parents home should feel like a weight lifted off your shoulder. The door to fucking freedoms. Instead There's a pound of weights holding me down from steering this car into the nearest wall.

My mother hasn't stopped nagging about everything and anything she saw. The first thing she did when I arrived home to pick up some last things I needed for my new apartment was look at me up and down with a disappointed expression.

I wasn't surprised I knew it had do with what I was wearing, not at all in mothers dress code.

It was a tight short leather skirt that really defined my curves paired with a cropped white turtle neck and some black healed boots. The little vein at the side of her temple even popped out to say hello, I had to bite down on my lip from bursting into fits of laughters.

Now I was the one with the vein popping out my damn forehead as she went on and on saying;

"Dressed like that no man will ever respect you, they'll see you as any other slut Valentina."

And my favorite of them all really puts the cherry on top I'd say..

"Do you think I got your papas attention by dressing like a slut?"

She's a real sweetheart knows how to win everyone's heart, probably the nicest thing she's said to me in years.

In her eyes I had to be this sophisticated women covered from head to toe to earn a mans love and respect. In all honesty I think it's a load of bull shit.  No mans opinion should ever affect who a women wants to be or what she wants to do in life.

Up until I was 18 I started going against all my fathers and mothers morals.

I dressed how I wanted, did what I wanted, Fuck sakes even breathed how I wanted.

Lord did I not hear the end of it from my mother saying I'm a 'disappointment' to the family's name and they didn't raise me to end up like this.

Sucks for her I'm pretty content with the women I've become.

On the other hand my father wouldn't say anything but just give me a disappointed look and go back up to his office. I don't think I've ever seen him leave the office other then going to his club he owned that was very famous and known all over new York that brought all of the family's income. I never had a relationship with him to start off with then again I never had a relationship with neither one of my parents.

"Valentina I think you should take the opportunity... he's tall good looking man and a stable job that would benefit both you and your father" my mom explains glancing over at her baffled that she even had the slightest bit of audacity to think I could possible ever want to date any of the men my dad does business with. Since I was a teen I promised myself I would never get involved with any of the men that did business with my father.