Ch. 2: Howling

[Warning: This chapter contains strong language]

[8:25]
Arrival at location

The team of misfits get to the destination, unaware of the approaching storm. Only the sound of the Howling wind can be heard whistling by. The gentle creak of nearby trees groan and wane. The rustling leaves fill their ears. A cascade of moonlight shines brightly upon the front of the large building to highlight and illuminate its creepy infrastructure. 
"Is this even the correct place?" Byungchan asked as he looked at the place. Chan was climbing out of the back left passenger side and shut the door behind him.
"That's what the address says." Chan replied with a snappy tone. Byungchan ran his hand through his hair.
"Looks deserted to me. Where are the guards?"
"Don't be a dumbass. They're inside. They wouldn't be guarding the grass." Chan nudged the clueless male in the back which caused his body to lurch forward. Byungchan gave Chan a side-eye. 
The leader was the last to leave the car. He locked their getaway vehicle once everyone had exited. Unfortunately, he had to overhear the two members' bickering. 
"Okay dumb and dumber! Knock off the obnoxious questions. Mouth shut, weapons up!" Seungwoo cocked back the chamber of his handgun to load ammo in and then switched off the safety lever. Byung and Chan thought it best to stay silent so they wouldn't anger their boss any further. They grabbed their guns and began walking up to the museum. 
Hanse, on the other hand, was quiet. He usually was, but this time around he was way more mute compared to on a normal day. And Sejun could tell. Subin was on Hanse's mind. He wondered if the youngest was alright by himself. Hanse's head was not in the game. Lim Sejun, the co-leader, could smell it. He was the kind of person who got off on messing with his teammates. It was a sort of high for him. He was known as the jester, after all. 
"Don't tell me you are having cold feet as well?" Sejun nudged Hanse. He wore a devilish grin. Sejun enjoyed stirring up trouble and had a fake smile while doing it which meant he didn't really care. The silver haired man tried to get under the shorter male's skin since the day they began their shenanigans. Hanse knew better than that. It would not work on him.
Hanse looked over at the silver haired demon. He poked the inside of his mouth with his tongue to play with his lip ring. 
"Sejun - just shut up and mind your own damn business." He quickly loaded up his gun and used the palm of his hand to slam the ammo chamber closed. He didn't give Sejun a second to retaliate. Hanse walked away to catch up with the rest of the group. Seungwoo impatiently waited for everyone to arrive before he opened the first door. 
"Now that you're all here, have your guns at the ready. Keep your eyes peeled," He took a moment to look back to meet eyes with his subordinates.

"You got that?"
"Got it." They replied all together in varying vocal tones. Seungwoo turned his attention back to the door and entered into the inner foyer. This next entrance was the trickiest. After business hours, it is secured with a keypad for a number lock. He was prepared to hack it in order to gain access to the building, but imagine his surprise when it squeaked open without so much as a push of a button. He barely touched it and watched it swing open. Somebody had already been here.
"What the fuck?" He whispered harshly. The other members watched from behind, not exactly seeing what was going on. Since it was night time, you couldn't see much from being cramped into a small and tight space. Seungwoo tried to process what all this meant. 
"What's wrong?" Sejun asked. He kept his gun close to him. Seungwoo used the tip of his boot to push it open the rest of the way.
"Someone has been here."
Chan narrowed his eyes. 
"What?" He said with a quivering voice. The leader stretched two fingers into the air to use as a silent order. 
"Keep your weapons at the ready. Be ready for anything." Everyone nodded and took the leader's order seriously. They all filed into the museum one by one. It was very quiet inside of the place. So far there were no sign of any guards. 
"There's nobody here?" Byungchan asked while he glanced around the room. He didn't hear any sign of life or movement. The others were on edge. 
"Yeah. I haven't seen any security yet." Hanse said. It was the first time he spoke in a while. Seungwoo had to make a decision and fast. 
"Scope out the area and sweep the floor. Be stealthy as you move. Look for anything suspicious. 
Chan, Byungchan, and Sejun split from the other three and went to the west wing of the building to search. Seungwoo stayed behind with Hanse and Seungsik to search through the main room. It was a medium sized area. Not that large compared to the overall size of the building. It was organized neatly and had rows of small white tables made of wood. The walls of the museum were covered in various categories of art. Some of it was new and modern, others were old and antique. Since this was a private museum, only the people of pristine backgrounds could attend. It was a haven for the rich and the privileged to peruse and socialize. The item they were after was a diamond worth 1 billion ₩, said to be held in this very place and locked away behind thick military style glass, a high-tech security system armed with lasers, and finger print access. Seungwoo and the other two searched the room for it. Chan and Byungchan came up empty handed. There was only so much they could see with it being dark and hardly no lights on inside. Seungwoo found out the hard way that luck was not on their side. Or rather - the stars were definitely not aligned for him on this day. He walked up to the long awaited showcase. But what was waiting for him in the tampered container was nothing but disappointment and disdain. A single note laid in the middle of its contents, addressed to someone. It was signed with a purple lipstick kiss.